Fix OneDrive sync issues with these 4 quick methods
OneDrive is an important part of Windows 10, actually it’s represented more than in any previous version of Windows. But some sync problems with this service could appear occasionally, and in this article you’ll find out how to solve them.
SOLVED: OneDrive failed to sync files
Solution 1 – Restart the OneDrive desktop app
Maybe there’s an error in OneDrive process, so restarting the service could potentially solve the problem. Here’s how to restart OneDrive app:
- Right-click on the OneDrive icon (a white cloud) in the taskbar
- Click Exit
- Go to Search, type onedrive and open OneDrive
- Check if you’re able to sync your files again
Solution 2 – Make sure your OneDrive account is connected to Windows
OneDrive won’t work if your Windows 10 is not connected to your Microsoft Account, so in case you switched to the local account, you have to get back to Microsoft Account to make OneDrive working. And here’s how to do that, in case you’re not sure:
- Go to Start Menu and open Settings
- Go to Accounts and then Your account
- Select Sign in with a Microsoft account instead
- Follow the instructions, sign out and then sign in again to make OneDrive working
Solution 3 – Reset OneDrive settings
- Right-click on the OneDrive icon in the taskbar
- Click Settings and then Unlink
- Follow the instructions in Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive again
Solution 4 — Disable your antivirus/ firewall
Your security software (antivirus, firewall or antimalware tools) may sometimes prevent OneDrive from syncing. Obviously, the quickest solution to fix this issue is to turn off your antivirus or firewall. If the sync process completes successfully, you just identified the cause of this issue. Don’t forget to enable your antivirus and firewall protection as soon as you’ve sync your files.
That’s it, we hope that at least one of the solutions listed above helped you with the syncing problem in OneDrive. If you have any comments or questions, reach for the comments section below and tell us your thoughts.
If you have any other Windows 10-related issues you can check for the solution in our Windows 10 Fix section. Microsoft has now updated its official Fix OneDrive sync issues page to accommodate the release of Windows 10 v1809.
RELATED GUIDES TO CHECK OUT:
- SOLVED: Files already exist in this folder on OneDrive
- 100% Solved: ‘A newer version of OneDrive is installed’ error
- Fix slow OneDrive upload in Windows 10
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in August 2015 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
Errors like the avipbb.sys can be very frustrating for a beginner to fix. Even some professionals might encounter issues while fixing this error. Having this […]
Microsoft rolled out new features to Microsoft Teams — an enterprise chat-based collaboration solution. Enterprise users will find there is a new Microsoft Whiteboard integration […]