- File sync solutions are ideal for businesses and professionals that must keep files updated on workstations.
- Synchronizing files is similar to creating mirror backups: changes made to one location are reflected in another.
- If you're a home user looking to improve your productivity, find here a tool for setting file filters.
- Another helpful file sync software let you schedule tasks, and configure advanced settings.
Using file sync software is essential for enterprises because most users work on more than one Windows 10 computer.
Often entire teams work on the same document. As a result, all the changes made by different users have to be visible to all users.
File sync software is a lifesaver for many users. It saves you from manually syncing files on different PCs, hence the latest version of a file will be available on all the PCs you and your team work on.
File sync software also acts as a backup tool, which can be very handy in the case of an unexpected event. Thus, you can avoid data loss in case of corruption or deletion of your files.
To help you decide which file sync software to install, we’ll list the 10 best Windows 10 file sync software, so keep reading.
What are the top file sync tools for Windows 10?
Sync.com provides you with an encrypted cloud storage platform where you can securely store and access your data whenever you want.
The program allows you to share files of any size with other people, even if they don’t have a Sync account. Moreover, it makes teamwork easier by enabling multiple people to work from the same folders at the same time.
Sync developed apps for Windows, the web, Mac, Android, and iOS systems, and its advanced technology backs up your files automatically, making it possible for you to sync and use all the files whenever you want, from any device.
Other key features of Sync.com include:
- End-to-end data encryption
- Automatic backup
- Strong account security measures like two-factor authentication and granular user permissions
- Automatic sync and restore
- Advanced share controls
- Modern and user-friendly interface
- No third-party tracking
SyncBack is the best Windows backup and synchronization program on the planet, according to its developers.
This tool is reliable, flexible, and robust, and its performance has been constantly improved thanks to all the upgrades it received since its launch in 2003.
It offers you 3 options: SyncBackFree – a basic, free solution for casual users, SyncBackSE – a more complete edition for home users, SyncBackPro – ideal for professionals.
You can install all three versions on your computer to better compare the tools and spot the differences.
SyncBack certainly deserves its #1 spot when it comes to the best Windows 10 file sync software.
Here are the key features of SyncBack:
- Copy files to synchronize any two folders
- Create and restore backups easily
- Run programs before and after profiles
- Schedule backups at fixed times
- Unicode enabled for non-English filenames
- Process unlimited filename lengths
- Simple and Advanced mode
Easy2Sync keeps your data synced between your computers. It is rather a specialized software that comes in two variants: Easy2Sync for files and Easy2Sync for Outlook.
Easy2Sync for Files has a dedicated wizard to help you get started. All data is kept on your computers, no third-party elements are involved in the sync process.
You can set the tool to sync your files silently or prompt dialog pop-ups when necessary. It’s a great Windows 10 file sync software solution.
This software allows you to sync and share your Google calendar, sync the Exchange server with Outlook, back up your Outlook emails, and more.
Other features of Easy2Sync include:
- Easy2Sync supports all file types: Office files, mp3, images, movies, and any other file types
- Unlimited folders/number of files
- Various sync filters supported
- Update your homepage: simply synchronize your files with the (s)FTP server and all changes will be recognized and transferred.
FreeFileSync is a free and open-source software solution, one of the best for file sync jobs on Windows 10. It saves your time by setting up and running backup actions.
Install Freefile Sync, customize your sync settings, and let this tool do its job. The user interface is very intuitive, full of colors and you can easily see what each option does.
The list of FreeFileSync ‘s features is impressive and includes:
- No limitations on how many files you can sync
- Synchronize MTP devices
- Process multiple folder pairs
- Comprehensive and detailed error reporting
- Detect conflicts and propagate deletions
- Cross-platform: runs on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X
- Case-sensitive synchronization
PureSync synchronizes your files and folders automatically in the background. This file sync software solution works great with Windows 10.
PureSync supports local drives, server volumes, FTP, some MTP devices, WebDAV and can copy open/locked files, and run synchronization/backup with another user.
It can also restore files from a Windows restore point and supports photo-syncing for digital cameras.
Other features of PureSync include:
- Transfer files from one computer to another
- Automatic adaption to the folder at the destination
- Various automatic sync/ back up options: scheduled, drive connected, on modification of a file at logon/logoff or custom events
- Filenames/path with more than 260 characters are supported
- Many filter possibilities
Not many Windows 10 users have heard of Synchredible, but this tool is an impressive file sync software, one of the best for Windows 10.
You can sync individual files or an entire drive. A user-friendly software wizard will assist you to set up the sync options.
Synchredible also synchronizes folders via an external network or when using a USB device. This tool backs up your files as well, transferring them to your preferred location.
Other important features of Synchredible include:
- One direction and bi-directional file sync support
- Synchronizes subdials, changed and unchanged files
- Synchronization preview
- CRC32 verification of synchronized files
- Set buffer size of copy buffers
- The UI is available in nine languages
Allway Sync is a file sync tool with a very well-designed and easy-to-use interface. It’s one of the best for Windows 10 PCs.
It is one of the most complex file sync software available on the market and uses innovative synchronization algorithms to synchronize your files.
You can easily sync them between PCs, laptops, USB drives, remote FTP/SFTP and WebDAV servers, and other storage platforms.
Allway Sync doesn’t contain any spyware, adware, or malware, unlike other free file sync tools. Also, there is no limit regarding the number of computers you can install it on.
Other features of Allway Sync include:
- Automatic, on-screen, context-sensitive hints
- The multilingual user interface supports more than 30 languages
- File modifications and deletions are tracked in a database
- Supports virtually all file systems.
GoodSync backs up and syncs your files between any device or platform without storing them in the cloud.
Thanks to the innovative technology it uses, GoodSync offers reliable bi-directional synchronization for all your files.
Setting up these Windows 10 file sync software is easy and takes less than a minute. All you need to do is click on the Analyze button and review the proposed changes.
Key features of GoodSync include:
- GoodSync can send over only changed blocks of big files, thus improving the transfer speed
- It detects file/folder renames and executes them as Move commands
- It can run sync in several threads, working in parallel to achieve faster file transfer speed
- Files can be excluded from synchronization based on name pattern, size, mod time
- GoodSync can connect two computers directly, in a peer-to-peer style, without using intermediate servers
- It can analyze a task with 1M files and folders on each side in less than 10 minutes on only 500 Mb of memory
SyncBreeze is a powerful file sync solution and one of the best for Windows 10. It works with local disks, network shares, NAS storage devices, and enterprise storage systems.
This software offers many sync options users can choose from, such as one-way and two-way file sync modes, periodic file sync, compressed file sync, real-time file sync, specific file sync, and more.
Power users and IT professionals can use the command-line utility, which is available for SyncBreeze Ultimate and SyncBreeze Server.
It is constantly updated, and the latest improvements brought support for multi-language Unicode file names, improved the file properties dialog, synchronization preview reports, and the UI.
Second Copy is mainly a file backup software, but you can also use it as a file sync software tool on Windows 10.
This software monitors the source files and keeps the backup updated with new or changed files. You don’t have to customize it all the time as it silently runs in the background with no user interaction.
Second Copy’s setup wizard helps you define different profiles, with different sets of files and rules regarding backing up and syncing files.
Other features of Second Copy include:
- Copy files between work and home computers automatically without using any storage media
- Modify files on the work computer and synchronize them with the home computer
- Save storage space and backup files by using file compression
- After you set up the source and the destination locations, you don’t have to start copying the files over again if there’s a problem
- It silently runs in the background
How to pick a reliable sync solution for Windows 10
Sync solutions are great for all companies, no matter how big or small and they also cover some basic needs for backup.
However, you should watch a few important aspects when getting suck a solution for your company.
Select a solution easy to implement
The software should work seamlessly on all of your systems and the GUI should be user-friendly and intuitive, whether you’re an experienced user or a beginner.
On the first point, you should think that any app needs maintenance and updating so your IT staff can handle it easily.
For the second one, the app is actually meant to be used by your employees so they have to work with it without any problems and in any conditions.
Check the features of the software
Although you won’t probably want something too complicated, you will still need some basic features such as schedulers but also some advanced sync features and file compression.
For instance, you should match the workflow (how many files you process/unit of time) with the capabilities of the software.
You need a stable software
As a golden rule, the technical issues should be rare events and should be immediately fixed. Try to do a test run and throw as much as you can on it to see how it copes.
Make sure you have great communication with the customer support team and that the maintenance help is always there for you.
There are many file sync products you can choose from. Many features are common to all the file sync software packages we listed in this article, while other features are supported only by certain tools.
While you’re looking for utility software, take a look at our PC maintenance software selection to improve your PC performance.
You can choose the file sync software that best suits your needs. If you have any other suggestions or questions, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you want to easily sync files in Windows 10, take a closer look at our comprehensive guide of the best Windows 10 file sync software, and find the proper one for your needs.
Yes, SyncToy works on Windows 10 computers. It’s a freeware tool released by Microsoft, part of the PowerToy series. Here’s how you can install SyncToy on Windows 10.
No, SyncToy is no longer supported. The last version was released in November 2009. But it still works, even on Windows 10.