- Proxy is one of the simplest ways to get an additional layer of security when browsing the web.
- In this article, we’ll show you how easy it really is to use online proxy in your web browser.
- We covered proxies in the past before, and to learn more about them, visit our Proxy section.
- Your browser is essential when it comes to online security. For more information, we can only encourage you to check out this Web Browsers Hub.
Protecting your privacy online is relatively simple, and the simplest way to do that is to use a proxy.
There are many online proxies that you can use in your web browser, and in today’s article, we’ll show you how to use them properly.
How do I use online proxy in my web browser?
1. Use proxy extensions
- Open your browser’s extension store.
- Find the suitable proxy extension and install it.
- Configure the extension and you’ll be ready to use your proxy.
You’ll notice that many proxy websites offer their browser extensions as well. Using a browser extension has its advantages, and once you enable it, you’ll have a proxy running for all your tabs.
Extensions suffer from the same issues as the websites that provide the same services, and they will offer limited features or ads in the free version.
To avoid these limitations, it’s advised to use a browser that has its own VPN, such as Opera. Its VPN is completely free, and it comes with no ads or bandwidth limitations as many proxies do.
In addition to VPN, the browser has a built-in ad blocker and the ability to block tracking cookies and scripts in order to speed up your browsing experience.
Even more, it is based on the Chromium engine, and all Chrome’s extensions should work on Opera without any issues.
It’s worth mentioning that the browser is light, so it should handle any website with ease.
OperaLooking for an online proxy browser? If you haven’t already, this might be the ideal moment to try out Opera!
2. Visit proxy websites
- Visit any proxy website.
- Enter the URL that you want to visit.
- Optional: Select the desired location of the proxy server.
- Now click Go or any other button to visit the website.
This is the simplest method, but it has its flaws. By using this method, you’ll have proxy enabled only on a single website or on a single tab which can be a problem for some users.
In addition, some of these services offer limited features or ads in the free version.
Using an online proxy is usually rather simple, and you can do it easily by following instructions from this article. If you want better and unlimited protection, then Opera with its VPN might be a better choice.
Let us know your choice by using the comments area below.
FAQ: Learn more about proxy
- How do I browse with proxy?
To browse with proxy, you can use a proxy website or a proxy extension. To enable proxy on your entire PC, try changing the proxy setting in the Settings app.
- How can I open blocked sites without proxy?
To open a blocked website without a proxy, you need to use a VPN or a browser with a built-in VPN such as Opera.
- Are there any free proxy servers?
There are many free proxy servers available, but they usually come with certain limitations.
- Are proxy sites safe?
Proxy sites are usually safe, but some of them might be collecting your data in order to show you ads, so they are not the best when it comes to privacy.