Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- You can access the Opera browser history location from the About page in the browser.
- For quick access, you can use the Opera menu to view your browsing history.
Sometimes, users want to know their Opera browser history location because they need to access previously visited websites or just want to back it up.
This is pretty simple to do, and in this guide, we’ll show you how to find your history in a matter of seconds.
Does Opera browser keep history?
Just like any other web browser, Opera keeps track of your browsing history, allowing you to access it quickly.
How do I find history on Opera?
1. Use the History option
- Launch the Opera browser on your device and click on the Menu button.
- Select History from the drop-down options.
The history location on the browser is where all your Opera browser history is stored. You can modify it to see the all-time history or just the recent ones alone.
2. Find the History files on your drive
- Launch the Opera browser and search the following:
- Copy the profile path and launch File Explorer.
- Paste the profile path copied to navigate through using this:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Opera Software\Opera Stable
- The History and History-journal files in that directory hold your Opera browsing history.
How long does Opera store history?
Opera will hold your browsing history indefinitely unless you choose to remove it manually. It doesn’t automatically remove the browsing history.
How do I delete all history on Opera?
- Start Opera and press Ctrl + Shift + Delete.
- Set the Time range to All time. Make sure that only the Browsing history is checked. Lastly, click on Clear data.
- Your Opera browsing history will now be gone.
Can you see the deleted history on Opera?
No, once the history is deleted from Opera, you can’t see it or access it anymore.
Why did Opera delete my history?
This happens only on Opera GX if you don’t start the browser for 14 days. If this happens, your history will be removed and replaced with random browsing history to protect your privacy.
These are the possible scenarios that you may need to address when dealing with your Opera browser history. If you want to find Opera GX history, the process is almost the same.
Do not hesitate to let us know if you also managed to apply the above steps in the comments area below.