- Poor or no network connection can cause the Opera browser not to connect to the internet issue.
- Clearing your browsing data on your browser can fix the problem and help Opera connect to the internet.
- Sometimes, third-party apps can interfere with the functionality of your browser.
Browsers can’t surf the web without having a stable internet connection. However, there are lots of things that can go wrong while doing this. The‘Opera browser not connecting to the internet is a frequent error that affects the Opera browser.
Furthermore, Opera is a fast and easy browser to use. It has features that allow it to surf the internet smoothly. However, the browser may encounter issues while trying to connect to the internet.
Nonetheless, you shouldn’t panic when you encounter this issue. Hence, this article will take you through easy fixes for the ‘Opera browser not connecting to internet error.
1. Issues with the network connection: To connect to the internet, you need a stable network connection. So, having no internet connection will prompt the Opera browser, not loading pages error. However, a poor network connection will prevent the Opera browser from connecting to the internet. Sometimes, there can be problems with the router or the Wi-Fi connection to your computer. Likewise, if you use a cable connection for your router, it can cause issues.
2. Outdated Opera browser: The damage an outdated browser may cause cannot be stressed enough. It prevents the browser from performing some easy tasks. Thus, keeping your browser up to date allows you to access the new fixes in the latest patches. So, when the Opera browser is not up-to-date, it won’t be able to fix the bugs affecting it.
3. Cache and cookies issues: Caches and cookies are browsing information browsers keep helping it load websites faster and smoothly. However, it can be an issue when this data becomes old or corrupt. Also, when the cache and cookies fill up with data, it becomes too full and can prevent your browser from working. Likewise, caches and cookies can block the servers from connecting to the internet and prompt the Opera browser not to connect to the internet mac.
4. Outdated Windows version: The Opera not connecting to try internet issues is not only caused by the browser. However, difficulties with the device can cause problems with your app’s connection to the internet. Using outdated Windows on your computer prevents it from having access to the necessary updates to help it function properly. Likewise, it indicates that some drivers in your computer are outdated and cannot function as they should.
Mare sure to use the latest version to get peak browsing performance!
1. Check your network connection
Performing a power cycle on your router can help you fix issues not making it connect to the internet. However, an easy way to do this is by unplugging your router from its power source, then connecting it back after a while.
Also, switching to another Wi-Fi device can help fix the Opera browser, not loading pages error.
2. Update your Opera browser
- Launch the Opera browser on your computer.
- In the top-left corner of the screen, click on the Menu button.
- Scroll down and select Update & Recovery.
- On the Update and Recovery tab, Opera will automatically scan and download updates if there are any updates available.
- Restart the Opera browser and try connecting to the internet.
3. Clear your browser caches and cookies
- Launch the Opera browser on your computer.
- Click on the Menu button and select the Advanced option.
- Select Privacy and security.
- Select Clear browsing data and set a preferable time range to clear.
- Click on Clear data.
However, you should restart your browser to allow it to sync with the changes you have made. Then, check if the Opera browser can connect to the internet.
4. Update Windows
- Press the Windows key + I simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Click on Update and Security.
- Select Windows Update.
Windows will automatically scan and download updates if there’s any update available. Hence, relaunch the Opera browser and check if the ‘Opera browser not connecting to internet’ issue persists.
How to fix Opera connection issues with Opera VPN?
- Outdated browser: When your browser version is not up-to-date, it can prevent it from accessing some necessary functions. So, it can impact the Opera VPN and prevent it from connecting.
- Third-party app interference: Third-party applications like antivirus can cause difficulties with the Opera VPN. However, when antivirus software detects suspicious or malicious activity in your browser, it can prevent it from connecting to servers.
- Windows Firewall interference: A firewall can block the Opera browser VPN from connecting to servers. It can occur if the firewall mistakes the Opera VPN for malware or a threat.
- Server issues: It is possible that the server your VPN is trying to connect to is not available or is overcrowded. So, it can prevent it from working. You can fix this by simply changing the location to connect to.
Another thing that can cause Opera’s VPN not to connect old or corrupt cookies. So, it is advisable to clear your Opera browsing data to fix this issue.
How do I know if my VPN is working on Opera?
- Launch the Opera browser and click on the Menu button.
- Click on Settings, then select Advanced.
- Select Features and click on Enable VPN to toggle on the icon (it will switch on the Opera VPN).
Nevertheless, there are some other difficulties you can encounter with the Opera browser. We recommend that users read through our guide on how to fix Opera’s slow download speed & make it faster.
Let us know what solution worked for you in the comments section below.