- There are numerous reasons why a browser like Opera will slow down your download session.
- When you have a poor internet connection, it can slow down your download speed.
- Clearing your browsing data can help fix the slow download speed problem in Opera.
For a long time, Opera has been one of the best browsers in the market. It is because of its consistency in keeping its features intact and relevant. One of the best features of the Opera browser is speed. Likewise, it uses an advanced system to speed up browsing sessions and downloads.
However, some users complain about Opera download speed slow issues. It means it takes a long while for downloads to complete. For instance, a file of 250Mb shouldn’t take more than 3-4 minutes to complete. Hence, it becomes an issue if it’s taking too long, or not moving from a point for a long time.
Furthermore, reasons can be hardware issues, browser issues, outdated apps or OS, and others. Also, this issue affects every part of the browser because a slow download speed means the internet speed is relatively low. It can be so annoying to encounter in our daily lives.
Nonetheless, the issue is not critical, and you shouldn’t panic if you are experiencing it. This article will explain how to fix the Opera browser’s slow download speed and make it faster.
1. Poor internet connection
One of the most common reasons for slow download speed in browsers is a poor internet connection. Whenever there’s an issue with your router or Wi-Fi, it influences how your browsers work.
It is because they need a stable Internet connection before downloading your files smoothly. So, issues with your router or cable will impact your browser download speed.
2. Third-party apps interference
Applications like antivirus and VPNs can cause problems with your browser activities like downloading. Antivirus apps help keep your device safe and protected from internet threats and malware that may be finding its way into your device.
However, in the course of doing this, the antivirus might block the free passage of your download. It occurs when it detects a threat in the connection. There are other ways third-party apps can interfere with your browser. We’ll show you how to fix it as we go into the article.
3. Too many apps running in parallel with the Opera browser
Some apps use lots of internet connections. Likewise, some take lots of devices’ storage. These apps can be responsible for making your browser downloads slow.
4. Outdated version of browser
There are lots of things that can go wrong with running an outdated browser. However, it prevents the browser from functioning as much as it should. Updates are always made available for apps like the Opera browser.
They help to patch the loopholes in the previous version and also fix the bugs affecting it. So, if you don’t have these updates on your browsers, they won’t function properly and can cause the Opera download to be slow.
5. Old caches and cookies problem
Some browsers collect information from your browsing sites and store them in your browser’s caches and cookies. This information helps you load websites faster and more smoothly.
However, they can be threatening to your browser when they become old or corrupt. So, having old caches and cookies on your browsers can slow your download speed.
If you’re looking for the best browser to download for a great internet experience, the Opera browser is our recommendation. It comes with features like Adblocker and lots of extensions.
Increase internet speed by setting automatic cookies and cache cleaner.
Where is Opera Turbo mode?
- Launch the Opera browser and click on the Menu button.
- Select Settings, then click on Preferences.
- Click on Advanced and select Features from the drop-down.
- Select Opera Turbo, then toggle on the Enable Opera Turbo option.
Restart your browser and enjoy the Opera turbo feature.
1. Check your internet connection
If you’re using a wired internet connection, you should switch to a wireless connection for a faster internet speed. Also, restarting your router can help.
2. Close other parallel running app
- On the Windows Start menu, search for Task Manager and launch it.
- Select Details from the options.
- Select Network from the drop-down.
- Click on the apps you want to end tasks for and click on End Tasks.
It will close apps sharing your network connection and make your download speed faster.
3. Clear browser browsing data
- Launch Opera browser.
- Press the Ctrl+Shift+Del keys to prompt the Clear browsing data page.
- Ensure you select Cache images and files.
- Click on Clear data.
It will clear old and corrupt data that may slow down your browser.
4. Update the Opera browser
- Launch the Opera browser and click the Menu button.
- Select Update and recovery from the drop-down.
- Wait while Opera Update searches for updates.
If there’s any available, it’ll automatically install.
5. Close tabs you’re not using during downloads
When you have multiple tabs open on your browser, it can affect your download speed. So, closing tabs that are not useful at the moment will increase the internet speed in your browser.
1. Connect to a stable internet connection: It will help your browser surf the internet smoothly and download files without interruptions.
2. Clear Opera browser’s cache and cookies: Doing this will clear old and corrupt data causing issues from your browser.
3. Close tabs that you don’t use: Closing tabs you are not working on will release more internet speed for your download.
For more information on how to fix slow download speed in your browsers, check our dedicated guide.
In conclusion, we recommend that users check through our article on the best browsers for downloading large files. It will help them download large files faster and easier.
Let us know if the tips worked for you as well in the comments section.