- Opera download interrupted because of a network issue is a quite common error that has been troubling users for quite some time.
- It pops up in the middle of the download and can be quite frustrating if it shows up while you were downloading a big file.
- This guide gives you some effective solutions that will help you resolve the error. For example, incognito mode might help.
Are you coming across an Opera download interrupted network error? If so, and you are looking for solutions, then you are in the correct place.
In this guide, we will give you some of the most effective and tested solutions that will help you fix the Opera download interrupted network error, and get back to download your files.
Such errors are common in browsers and they come in many forms. Notably, there are multiple reasons that could trigger this problem.
The Opera download interrupted network error usually pops up in the middle of the error. It would be really frustrating if it occurred while you were downloading something large in size. Also, the error doesn’t resolve no matter how many times you press the download again button.
Though the error suggests that there is an error with your network, there’s more to it. And that is exactly what we are going to discuss in this guide. So, let us check it out.
What happens if the download is interrupted?
If a download is interrupted for whatever reason, it will mostly get canceled. This means that even though you have downloaded 90% of the file, everything will be gone and you won’t be able to use the file.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
In another scenario, it will get paused, and if you are using a download manager, then it will let you continue the download if the problem is sorted out.
But for several users, the problem exists even though they have fixed their internet connection. Whatever the case may be, an interrupted download may be either completely removed from your PC or stored in a partial download file extension.
For example, partially downloaded files in Chrome are saved as CRDOWNLOAD files on the device storage.
What to do if a download stops?
There are a few things that you can do if a download suddenly stops, which we have listed below:
- If your browser allows you then you can resume the download
- Wait till your internet connection gets stable and then try re-downloading
- Try downloading the file back again and see if it gets completed or not
- You can try a different source to download the file
- Install the latest version of the Opera browser and check if this fixes the issue or not
How do I fix an interrupted network error?
1. Try incognito mode
- Launch Opera.
- Click on the Opera logo on the top left.
- Select New private window option or press Ctrl+ Shift+N to open a new private or incognito window.
Incognito mode or using the private window mode is a nice way to detect if one of the extensions in your browser is the culprit behind the issue.
Private mode disables all extensions and you can check if you are coming across an Opera download interrupted network error.
2. Clear browsing data
- Launch Opera.
- Click on Settings.
- Hit the Clear button for Browsing data option.
- Check all the boxes and hit the Clear data button.
3. Check for the latest update
- Click on the Opera logo at the top left.
- Select Update & recovery.
- Opera will automatically start looking for new updates. And if found one, will prompt you to install it.
It is recommended that you keep all apps up to date. This is because not only do you get to enjoy the latest features but also it gets updated with security features.
There could have been a bug in the previous version of the Opera browser that is noticeably causing the Opera download interrupted network error. Install the latest update and check if this fixes the issue or not.
4. Update network drivers
- Right-click on the Start menu icon and select Device Manager.
- Expand the Network adapters section.
- Right-click on your network driver and select Update driver.
- Then select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
- If there is a new update available, install it and restart your PC to check if this fixes the issue or not.
As an alternative, you can update your network drivers or any others with time-saving driver software like Outbyte Driver Updater.
This automated method will scan your entire system to find outdated or missing drivers on your PC, and thus resolve network Opera errors as we speak.
5. Reinstall Opera
- Open Control Panel.
- Select Programs and Features options.
- Click on Opera from the list of apps.
- Hit the Uninstall button at the top.
- Once Opera is successfully uninstalled, restart your PC to remove all remaining files.
- Head to the official website.
- Download Opera browser.
- Install it and do not interrupt the process.
- Check if this fixes the issue or not.
Reinstalling fixes most of the problems, and it might do the same for you and fix the Opera download interrupted network error.
How do I continue downloading after a network error in Opera?
Well, there are a few things that you can do if a download stops because of a network issue in Opera browser:
- You can restart your router and wait for the network to get stable before you start the download again
- You can use the resume download option in Opera
- Check in with your ISP for any network-related issues
- If nothing works, then we would suggest you switch over to a different web browser; you can check out a guide that will help you select the best one
That’s it from us in this guide. We hope that the above solutions helped you fix the Opera download interrupted because of a network error. Let us know which one of the above tips fixed the problem at your end.