- Opera GX is a popular gaming browser but is also considered one of the best for everyday browsing as it includes the features of the original Opera browser.
- If you're having issues installing Opera GX, your network connection might be the problem.
- Users reported that using the offline installer fixed the issue.
Opera GX is the world’s first gaming browser and has quickly risen to fame for its unique features to enhance in-browser gaming.
However, many users reported the Opera GX installer getting stuck when installing. Luckily, we may have a solution to quickly resolve this problem.
Can Opera GX be used as a normal browser?
Opera GX has all the features as the standard Opera browser with a few extra functions to optimize browser games. This browser can absolutely be used as an everyday browser and supports all types of browsing needs.
You can set Opera GX as your default browser in the browser settings. Users can also import browser data, such as bookmarks and history, from another browser easily to make switching seamless.
Get Opera GX and explore all of its features to optimize both everyday browsing and gaming.
How do I fix Opera GX stuck on installing?
1. Download using the offline installer
- Go to the Opera Homepage.
- Click on Downloads.
- Scroll down and expand Opera GX.
- Choose between the 64 bit and the 32 bit offline package.
A weak network connection might cause issues with the Opera GX installer. The offline installer allows users to download Opera GX and install it later when there is no internet connection.
2. Switch networks
- Click on Start and search Control Panel then hit enter.
- Select Network and Internet.
- Under Network and Sharing Center, select Connect to a network to change to a different known network. To set up a new network click View network status and tasks.
- Click Set up a new connection or network.
- Choose your connection option and follow the steps to set up the connection.
Many users report switching to a different network fixed the issue and users could install Opera GX. This might solve the problem if you’re receiving a 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable message when trying to download.
3. Turn off battery saver
- Click the menu in the lower right-hand corner.
- If Battery saver is on, click it to turn it off.
- Download Opera GX.
Try downloading after turning off the battery saver and making sure your PC is charging. Your computer turns off functions that consume a lot of power when the battery saver is on. Thus, downloading Opera GX may not download properly with the battery saver on.
4. Temporarily turn off the firewall
- Click on Start and search Windows Security then hit enter.
- Select Firewall & network protection.
- Click on Private network and toggle Microsoft Defender Firewall to off.
- Go back and select Public network and turn off the Defender Firewall as well.
- Install Opera GX.
The firewall might be preventing Opera GX from installing, be sure to also temporarily disable any third-party firewalls you might have.
Also, remember to turn your firewall back on after downloading Opera GX to keep your PC protected.
We hope these methods helped you solve Opera GX stuck on installing for the current user. If you’re having issues Opera browser stuck on downloading, we have solutions for that as well.
If you have a different solution to his issue that wasn’t listed above, let us know in the comments.