- Opera GX is a popular gaming browser but is also considered one of the best for everyday browsing as it includes the features of the original Opera browser.
- If you're having issues installing Opera GX, your network connection might be the problem.
- Users reported that using the offline installer fixed the issue, or you could try the other methods here.
Opera GX is the world’s first gaming browser and has quickly risen to fame for its unique features to enhance in-browser gaming.
However, many users reported the Opera GX installer getting stuck when installing. Or, the same might happen when downloading the browser.
Luckily, we have a solution to quickly resolve this problem.
Why is Opera GX stuck on installing?
There’s no single reason behind the issue. It could be due to an unstable connection, slow Internet speed, or problems with the network itself.
There’s also the possibility that your antivirus or firewall is blocking the attempt to download or install Opera GX, and it’s stuck as a result for the current user. Besides, the power settings on the system could just as well be responsible for the issue.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
What can I do if Opera GX gets stuck on installing?
1. Download using the offline installer
- Go to Opera’s download page.
- Scroll down and then expand Opera GX.
- Choose between the 64 bit and 32 bit offline package, and click on the one you want to install.
- Once downloaded, double-click on the file to launch the installer.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
If Opera GX is stuck on installing for the current user, it could be a problem with the network connection, and the offline installer would help. The offline installer allows users to download Opera GX and install it later when there is no internet connection.
2. Disable the antivirus
If Opera GX is taking too long to download or install or is getting stuck each time, it could be a third-party antivirus behind the problem. In this case, disable the antivirus before starting the download and enable it only after the installation is complete.
To find out the exact steps to disable the antivirus installed on the computer, head to the Support or FAQ section on the manufacturer’s official website.
3. Switch networks
- Click on Windows + R to launch the Run command, enter control panel, and then click on OK.
- Select Network and Internet.
- Under Network and Sharing Center, select Connect to a network to change to a different known network. To set up a new network click View network status and tasks.
- Click Set up a new connection or network.
- Choose your connection option and then follow the steps to set up the connection.
Many users report switching to a different network fixed the Opera GX failed to install issue. This might also solve the problem if you’re receiving a 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable message when trying to download.
4. Turn off the battery saver
- Press Windows + A to open the Action Center.
- If the Battery saver mode is turned on, click on the tile to disable it.
Try downloading after turning off the battery saver and make sure your PC is plugged into charging. Your computer turns off functions that consume a lot of power when the battery saver is on. Thus, Opera GX may get stuck on downloading with the feature enabled.
5. Temporarily turn off the Firewall
- Press Windows + S to launch the Search menu, enter Windows Security, and click on the relevant search result.
- Select Firewall & network protection.
- Click on Private network.
- Toggle Microsoft Defender Firewall to off.
- Click Yes on the UAC prompt that pops up.
- Similarly, disable it for the Public network as well.
The firewall might be preventing Opera GX from installing, be sure to also temporarily disable the built-in or any third-party firewalls you might have.
Also, remember to turn the firewall back on after installing Opera GX to keep your PC protected.
Why is Opera GX stuck on downloading?
First things first, make sure that you are downloading it from the official website. There are several other platforms that allow users to download Opera GX but you should only use the official source.
Also, if the Opera GX download is stuck at 100%, it could be an issue with the server or the firewall. In the case of the former, you will have to wait for some time while for the latter, disabling the firewall would fix the problem.
We hope these methods helped you solve Opera GX stuck on installing for the current user. If the Opera browser stuck on downloading, we have solutions for that as well.
In case you have a solution to this issue that wasn’t listed above, let us know in the comments.