FIX: Origin error Entry point not found
Seemingly, a hefty number of Origin users are getting the Origin error Entry point not found. It happens when they try to run the client. With that said, the error mostly bothers Windows 8 and Windows 7 users. Although, there are some instances where Windows 10 users are unable to run the Origin client.
Here’s what one user said about the error on the EA support forum:
I get an error message saying”The procedure entry point_except1 could not be located in the dynamic library…”. I have uninstalled and re installed and it still is giving me this message.
If you have had a hard time with this error, learn more about the ways to solve it with the steps provided below.
How do I fix Entry point not found on Origin?
1. Install VC++ Redistributables
- Make sure your Origin client is closed.
- Navigate to Microsoft’s support page, here, and download Visual Studio 2013. Additionally, you can download Visual Studio 3-in-1 for 2015, 2017, and 2019.
- Install the Visual Studio redistributables.
- Reboot your PC and try running the Origin client again.
2. Run the Origin client as admin
- Right-click on the Origin desktop shortcut and open Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab.
- Check the Run this program as an administrator box.
- Confirm changes and try again.
3. Temporary disable antivirus
- The procedure, albeit similar, differs based on your antivirus solution. The usual steps are to expand the Hidden icons on the taskbar > Right-click your antivirus > click Disable.
- If you are running Windows Defender, here’s how to temporarily disable it.
- In the Windows Search bar, type Windows Defender.
- Open Windows Defender and then Virus & threat protection.
- Click on Manage settings.
- Disable Real-time protection.
- Try running the client again and, hopefully, the Origin error Entry point not found won’t appear. Just don’t forget to re-enable the antivirus later.
4. Reinstall the Origin client
- In the Windows Search bar, search for Control Panel and open Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Select Origin and remove it.
- Navigate to your system partition (usually C:).
- Click View in the Toolbar and check the Hidden items box.
- Open the ProgramData folder and delete the Origin folder.
- Open Program Files and delete the Origin folder. Do not delete Origin Games folder.
- Reboot your PC.
- Navigate here and download the Origin desktop client.
- Install it and look for improvements.
And on that note, we can wrap up this article. Hopefully, you were able to resolve the Origin error Entry point not found with these steps. In case you have any questions or suggestions, do tell in the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:
- Fix Origin client loading issues for good
- FIX: Origin failed to load a webpage
- Can’t add friends on Origin client? Here’s how you can fix that
A large number of VMware users have reported encountering the following error message: Not enough physical memory is available to power this virtual machine with […]
Some users have reported that they are having problems when trying to log in their Uplay client. Apparently, they receive an error message that looks […]