A large number of Origin users have reported that the Origin software won’t sign in. This issue can be extremely frustrating, especially if you can’t get access to the games that you paid for.
Here is what one user had to say about this issue on the EA Answers website:
Okay. So I’ve logged into my Origin account MANY times. But now it’s saying that I can’t because my origin isn’t in “online login” mode. And it’s not letting me log in. So does anybody have any solutions?
After long hours of researching hundreds of online forums for a solution to this error, we have identified some of the best-proven methods.
Here’s what methods to try if the Origin application won’t sign in
1. Change your PC’s proxy settings
- Click on Cortana search box -> type in Control Panel -> click the first option.
- Select Internet Options.
- Inside the Connections tab -> click LAN Settings.
- Deselect the option Use a proxy server for your LAN.
- Click Ok and Apply -> restart your PC.
In order to make sure that your firewall or antivirus software is not stopping Origin from running properly.
It is recommended that you either add the Origin application to the whitelist in both these software options or close the software entirely and check to see if that fixes your issue.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
3. Run Origin app with administrator privileges to fix origin won’t sign in
To try this method, you can simply navigate to the location of the Origin executable file on your hard-drive -> right-click it -> choose Run as administrator.
In case this method didn’t solve the login issue, please try the next method.
4. Check if your PC’s clock in synchronized with the real-time
Follow these steps:
- Press Win+X keys -> select Settings.
- Click on Time & Language.
- Select Date & Time.
- Make sure both the Set time automatically and Set time zone automatically options are enabled.
5. Reset the hosts file
Sometimes resetting of the hosts file can fix the problem with Origin client. Your hosts file can become altered by a certain application or a malicious user, and that can lead to various errors, so it’s advised to reset it to the default.
We already explained in detail how to reset your hosts file on Windows 10 in one of our previous articles, so be sure to check it out for detailed instructions.
We hope this guide managed to help you log into your Origin account without any issues.
Please let us know if it did by using the comment section below.