If you are looking for a tool to turn your photos into works of art, you might want to check out Painnt for Windows 10. The app features up to 170 filters that include classical, modern, abstract, comic book, and mosaics. While many of these filters are available in the app’s free version, some are exclusive to the premium variant of Painnt, including the Oil, Brush Strokes, and Ink options.
The app’s features include:
- Customize and preview filter settings
- Bookmark your favorite effects
- [Premium] Full access to 170+ filters
- [Premium] Process in Full HD, 4K or Original
- [Premium] No ads
- [Premium] Hide watermark
- Added ‘Intensity’ in ‘Brush’ effect options
- Rendering acceleration mode selection in ‘Settings’
- ‘Editing tips & tutorials’ section
To start using the app, pull up the list of categories found in the left-hand sidebar of Painnt. The app also presents you with plenty of colour-shifting options along with various toggles such as the default Matisse as well as Transparency, Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Hue, Colour Composition, Noise Reduction, Sharpness, Smooth, Wash, and Intensity.
Although the toggles differ in names, some offer the same effect as other filters. Also, some filters may not support a specific source image. Nonetheless, the app experience provides fun and enjoyment to users.
However, you may frown at the ads and Painnt watermark that come with the resulting image. Also, the software does not support Full HD or 4K resolution, which could be a major issue for some. The app’s description on the Windows Store listing states:
This free app limits output resolution, has ads and adds a watermark; you can unlock the entire library, hide watermarks ands ads and enable high resolution via an in-app subscription.
If you would like to give it a try, download Painnt from Microsoft’s store now.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- The Best Free Photo Editing Apps for Windows 10
- 6 best photo management and editing software for Windows 10
- 6 best old photo restoration software to use