Windows 10 Creators Update will add advanced Bitcoin support to Excel
Bitcoin is a popular cryptocurrency with over eight million registered users. As a result of Bitcoin‘s growing popularity, Microsoft will soon add advanced Bitcoin support for Excel to track, calculate and analyze Bitcoin data using native Bitcoin number formatting options. This added bitcoin support will come to four different platform versions of Excel. Since the new feature is expected to be available sometime in Q2, it’s safe to say that it will come with the upcoming Windows 10 Creators Update.
Thanks to Bitcoin support in Excel, it will be easier for Microsoft developers to add Bitcoin support to all future Microsoft products, including other Office programs.
Windows 10 Creators Update Bitcoin support
Microsoft will add Bitcoin support in Excel to the following platforms: Windows Desktop, Excel Online, Windows Universal, and Android.
Now use Excel to track, calculate and analyze Bitcoin data using native Bitcoin number formatting options. Feature is first being rolled out to Excel 2016 for Windows, Excel Online, Excel Mobile for Windows and Excel Mobile for Android.
Excel users saluted Microsoft’s decision to implement the Bitcoin symbol into the spreadsheet, although many suggested that the company should have added this feature a long time ago.
The fact that big companies like Microsoft are deciding to further embrace the potential of Bitcoin confirms that this cryptocurrency is making huge changes in people’s overall perception of alternative currencies. Most likely, other major tech company will soon follow Microsoft’s example.
Speaking of Bitcoin, there are already many Bitcoin apps available in the Windows Store. Here are the most popular Windows 10 Bitcoin apps:
- Bitcoin Miner: This app lets you mine bitcoins on your Windows 10 PC or phone and then exchange it for real-world currency.
- Bitcoin Tradr: This is an open source app for the Coinbase.com digital Bitcoin wallet service, allowing you to buy and sell Bitcoin, check Bitcoin prices, as well as send and receive Bitcoin from others.
- Bitcoin Price Live Tile: Pin this app to the start screen and get up to date live updates of the current spot price of Bitcoin in United States Dollars.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Petition calls for Microsoft Money finance app to be restored
- The Chrome extension Honey helps you save money when you shop online
- Windows 10 helps Microsoft make more money from ads
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]