- MS Paint is a drawing program still enjoyed by many computer users. If you are one of them, making transparent selections shouldn’t pose any difficulties.
- You may find a step by step procedure detailed below. However, both professional photographers and casual users have more options to consider.
- Adobe Photoshop is the very best tool when it comes to photo editing and correction. You may try it out to make transparent selections and so much more.
- Aren’t you ready to call it a day just yet? Don’t hesitate to visit our Tech Tutorials Hub for more guides.
MS Paint is one of the best-known and easy applications that come bundled with your Windows operating system. As in the case of Windows 10, this app has gradually evolved across the years and now offers a good range of tools.
Have you ever wondered if you can make transparent selections in MS Paint? The answer is a resounding yes, and it is actually quite simple. Read on to find out how it works.
QUICK TIP: When compared with Adobe Photoshop, Paint lacks so many advanced tools you may enjoy using.
Photoshop is the industry standard when it comes to photo editing, so making a transparent selection would be the last thing to worry about.
Moreover, that’s your chance to get access to unlimited editing options, sharpening tools, blend modes, and a sleek interface that makes you feel like a professional even if it isn’t the case just yet.
On top of these, the powerful collaborative features will enhance team workflow. As for having your files in the cloud, this means you can finally access them from anywhere and at any time.
How can I make a transparent selection in Paint?
- Click on the Start button.
- Scroll through the programs list and find the Windows Accessories folder.
- Open up the folder and from the drop-down menu select Paint.
- Once inside MS Paint, you will need a bit of text, and also an image on which you want to add the selected text.
- For the sake of this article we will be using the following image and text:
- Let’s presume that our objective is to move the text onto the apple without getting the text framed by a white frame.
- In order to achieve this result, all you need to do is to first choose the Selection Tool.
- Then click on the drop-down button found under the Selection tool, and choose the Transparent Selection option.
- Now you can simply drag and drop the selection tool over your text, and then move it to the desired place on your image.
- As you can observe in the image example above, the text was moved onto the apple without having a white box around it.
In this article, we explored a simple yet very effective way of moving text onto an image without keeping the white background that the selection tool normally provides.
We hope this guide helped you, and please feel free to ask any questions by using the comments section below.
FAQ: Learn more about MS Paint
- What is MS Paint used for?
MS Paint is generally used for basic procedures such as cropping, rotating, and resizing images. The functionality of this program also includes creating new drawings.
- Can MS Paint do transparency?
Yes, it can. You just need to choose the Selection Tool, then click on the drop-down button, and follow the steps from this simple guide.
- Is MS Paint in Windows 10?
The MS Paint drawing program is still part of Windows 10. To find it, simply type paint in the search box on the taskbar. Then, select Paint from the list of results.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in April 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in May 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.