- Paradox Launcher is a game launcher like Steam, Uplay, etc.
- If you want to download and install it on your computer, follow the given instructions in this article.
- In this post, you will also know how to update it and why you need this application.
This article is for you if you want to download Paradox Launcher and install it on your PC or Mac.
The Paradox Launcher is a game launcher that is also known as PDX Launcher. Paradox Interactive has developed it.
If you want to learn more about this application, you can read our Paradox Launcher review.
To explore this app, you will need to download and install it on your computer. The following parts of this article will guide you on how to do it.
Paradox Launcher requirements:
The PDX Launcher doesn’t need much CPU power to run. You can use this app if your computer meets the following system requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, macOS, Linux
- CPU: 64 Bit Intel/AMD, Apple Silicon
- RAM: 2 GB
- Disk Space: 200 MB
You can run PDX Launcher on any modern computer without any problem because of the very simple system requirements.
Does Paradox Launcher work with Windows 11?
Yes. Paradox Launcher works without any issues on Windows 11. We have tested this application on our Windows 11 computer and found no problem at all.
Why do I need Paradox Launcher?
If you have purchased games developed and published by Paradox Interactive on any platform like Steam or Epic Games, etc., you will probably need Paradox Launcher.
Most modern games from this company require you to have the PDX Launcher. Though, while installing the game, the launcher should be installed automatically without any effort.
But, if you want to manage all of the games from this company in a single place, you will need a dedicated application.
How do I download & install Paradox Launcher?
1. Download and Install on Windows and Linux
- Go to this launcher download page and download the installer file.
- Open the downloaded file.
- Click on Next.
- Choose the installation location or leave it as it is and click on Next.
- At last, click on Install.
- After installation, click on Finish.
By default, you will get version 2. You cannot download the Paradox Launcher V1 from the official source.
2. Download and install on macOS
Unfortunately, unlike Windows and Linux, there is no dedicated PDX Launcher for Mac. But, with some games from Paradox Interactive, the launcher is included.
So, you will get the launcher with specific games if necessary. Otherwise, all other games will work without this app.
How to update Paradox Launcher V2?
Are you currently using the first version of this launcher? If you want to know how to upgrade or install Paradox Launcher V2, you should not worry. This process is straightforward.
Paradox Launcher checks for its update automatically. So, you should not think a lot about any technical steps.
However, if you want to get beta updates, you can do the following things:
- Go to Launcher Settings.
- Toggle the switch on next to the Recieve Beta versions of the launcher.
- Confirm it.
Now, you will get the beta versions with the next update. After every update, you may need to relaunch the launcher.
If you see any issues updating this app, you can uninstall it and download the latest Paradox Launcher V2 and install it manually.
This article has explained how you can download, install and update Paradox Launcher easily on any supported platform. If you have any questions or opinions, feel free to let us know in the comments box.