- If you are using Windows 11 through the Parallels virtualization tool, there's good news.
- Parallels Desktop 18 is now available and it comes with literally a lot of improvements.
- Many of you will surely be pleased to learn that the gaming experience is enhanced.
We’re pretty sure that at least some of you remember us talking about Parallels Desktop, which is one of the most popular virtualization tools available now.
The last time we mentioned this software it was to announce that you could actually use Windows 11 ARM on M1 devices, with Parallels.
Now, it’s time to take a step forward and discuss the new version of Parallels Desktop and say that the company has released the latest generation of Parallels Desktop, popular virtualization software for macOS that allows users to run Windows or another operating system inside macOS.
Mac users get a lot of Windows 11 improvements
You should know that Version 18 of Parallels Desktop is now available with several notable improvements and new features, such as easier Windows 11 installation and gaming enhancements.
You are probably more than curious about what these improvements are, so let’s get straight to the point and answer this question.
Many of you then wondered how the Windows 11 gaming experience was with Parallels 17, to which we provided a trustworthy answer at the time.
However, now, gaming is going to be so much better on Windows 11 through the Parallels Desktop virtualization tool, as you are about to see.
Here are the improvements that the company announced, designed to enhance the Windows 11 experience on your macOS device:
- Single-click Windows 11 installation. Parallels Desktop 18 provides the ability to download, install, and configure Windows 11 with just one click. Besides, the app can download a free set of ready-for-use Linux distros.
- Better gaming using Windows inside Mac. Users can pair a compatible Xbox or DualShock controller to their Macs, fire up Parallels Desktop 18 and start playing. Performance improvements also result in higher FPS and smoother Windows UI.
- Better performance on M1 Ultra. Parallels Desktop 18 comes with optimizations and performance improvements on Apple Silicon devices, especially on M1 Ultra, delivering up to 96% faster speeds in Windows 11 compared to the previous release.
- Improved USB 3.0 support provides access to streaming devices, such as Elgato HD60, Startech USB 3.0 Video Capture, and others.
- Improved x86 apps in Windows 11. x86 applications running in Windows 11 on ARM now benefit from improved compatibility and performance improvements, especially when saving and reading files from the Mac disk.
Yes, you are getting the whole package, which is yet another reason to be even more excited at the prospect of having another OS at your fingertips.
Some of the other improvements in Parallels Desktop 18 include Apple’s ProMotion display support, networking improvements (custom network conditions, network isolation, network boot on Linux), and optimizations for the upcoming macOS Ventura.
Please keep in mind that some features are only available in Parallels Desktop 18 Pro or Business Edition, and you can learn more about Parallels Desktop 18 in a press release on the official Corel website.
Share with us, in the dedicated comments section below, if you have enjoyed, or not, the Parallels 18 Windows 11 experience.
Your opinion is valuable to us and we’d like to know just how much better, or worse, your entire experience got after trying this new version of the software.