We all know that password theft is a severe problem these days with so many crucial data stored online and on our devices. All kinds of apps and websites that we’re happily using every day are under attack and security breaches occur leading to password theft. Sounds quite the nightmare, right?
We’re not even done yet. Did you know that when you’re using the same passwords on various websites and apps, cyber attackers can easily access your email, bank and other vital accounts? Don’t panic, because we’re not only trying to scare you, we’re also offering a viable solution. It’s called Bitwarden password manager and it just landed in the Microsoft Store for devices running Windows 10.
Main features and benefits of the Bitwarden app
The application is a password and login data management tool and it used to be a traditional Windows software. Back in 2017, an official Bitwarden extension for the Microsoft Edge browser was also released. This freshly launched Microsoft Store version of Bitwarden is pretty much similar to the original software, and it also brings more benefits. Thanks to its integration in the Microsoft Store ecosystem, the app gets automatic background updates, for example.
Here are the best features that you’ll be able to enjoy while using Bitwarden:
- The app is 100% open source software under GPLv3.
- You can store unlimited passwords and other crucial information.
- You will be able to sync your vault across all of your devices.
- It will allow users to generate strong and secure passwords.
- You can securely share logins with whomever you choose.
- You will get the opportunity of hosting the backend server and database yourself.
- The app will allow you to connect to the Edge browser extension for auto-filling websites.
If you’re still not convinced, we strongly suggest that you check out Bitwarden’s complex and complete description on the app’s official website. You can currently get the app from the Microsoft Store as well.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK: