- Deleting your PayPal account is pretty simple, although you need to make sure you have a good financial alternative for your money.
- In this guide we are presenting the steps to take for deleting your PayPal account, so keep reading.
- If you are interested to read the latest news and updates make sure to bookmark our PayPal Issues Hub.
- Visit the Removal Guides for more dedicated solutions.
Formally known as PayPal Holdings Inc., PayPal is probably the world’s most well-known company operating a worldwide online payment system.
This system supports online money transfers and has become the go-to solution when it comes to making cross-border payments.
In order to use PayPal, you must first create an account, and you’ll use it to perform all of your money duties. However, there are plenty of reasons why someone might want to close their PayPal account afterward.
While online searches may sometimes also come up with the how-to deactivate PayPal results, you should know that once you close a PayPal account, it is permanently deleted.
As an alternative to securely deposit your money, we recommend that you use Revolut. Through Fingerprint identification, Customisable features, Disposable virtual cards, and Sherlock anti-fraud system you can be assured that the safety of your money is being guaranteed.
Plenty of users are thrilled about Revolut’s amazing features:
- Free Revolut card.
- No cost for ATM withdrawals up to $300/month.
- Possibility to open multi-currency accounts.
- Send money without paying any hidden fees.
- Great exchange rate.
- Award-winning anti-fraud system.
- Easy access from the app to freeze your card, in the case is stolen or lost.
- Use analytics to keep track of your spendings.
- Personal Vault.
- Rewards system.
With Revolut you can send or request money instantly without any hidden fees and keep your money protected. Open the account for free!
Now that you know how to safely secure your money, let’s proceed with seeing how you can delete your PayPal account.
How to remove PayPal account for good
- Log in to your PayPal account
- Click on the Settings menu
- Click Close your account
- Enter your bank details if requested to do so
- Click the Close Account
How to delete PayPal business account
- Log in to your PayPal account
- Click on Profile button next to Log Out
- Click on Profile and Settings
- Click Account Settings
- Click the Close account button
Before you close your PayPal account, remove any financial information, such as card and bank account.
Additionally, make sure that all payments you made are finished since all pending ones will be automatically canceled.
Please note that since account deletion is permanent, this also means that all transaction histories will be deleted as well. As such, please remember to print out or take a screenshot of your transaction history in case you will ever need it again.
Also, remember that in order to delete your PayPal account you will need to be using a laptop or computer.
While PayPal does have an official mobile app, you can not delete your account from it.
More so, if you positively decided to go ahead and close down your account, make sure you collect the entirety of your PayPal balance.
If you want to cash-in on any remaining PayPal balance you could try to:
- Transfer it to your bank account
- Request a check from PayPal
- A small fee will occur
- Purchase some items from your favorite online shop
This should be it, we hope that our recommendations helped you close your PayPal account. Let us know your feedback in the section comments below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in October 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in July 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.