How to Play DVDs on Windows 11 [Easy & Free Methods]
Explore the quickest ways to play DVDs on a PC
- To play media via DVDs, you need to install a DVD player app installed on your computer.
- This guide will explain different methods to play DVDs on your Windows computer.
Like Windows 10, Windows 11 also doesn’t have a built-in DVD player. Therefore to play a DVD on your Windows 11, you need to install a DVD player app on your PC.
This article will cover the easiest ways to play DVDs on your Windows computer. Let’s start!
How can I play DVDs on Windows 11?
Before moving to the actual steps, make sure you check these things first:
- Your computer must have a DVD drive, or you should have an external DVD drive.
- Check that your computer has the required codecs to decode DVDs’ audio and video streams.
- The DVD you are using should be in good condition and free from dust and scratches.
1. Use the Windows Media Player Legacy
1.1 Install Windows Media Player Legacy on Windows 11
- Press Windows + I to open Settings.
- Click Apps, then Optional features.
- Now, next to Add an optional feature, click View features.
- On the Add an optional feature window, type Windows Media Player Legacy, select the appropriate option and click Next.
- Click Install.
1.2 Play the DVD
- Insert the DVD in your computer DVD’s slot.
- Launch the Windows Media Player.
- Go to the left pane, click the DVD option, and select your DVD drive
- Click the Play button to play the media.
2. Use a third-party app
- Download VLC from its official website.
- Double-click the installer to run the installation file.
- On the UAC prompt, click Yes.
- On the installer wizard, click Next.
- Follow the onscreen instructions, and on the last window, click Finish.
- Launch the VLC media player and click Media. From the options, click Open Disc.
- On the Open Media window, switch to the Disc tab, go to Disc device, and select your DVD from the drop-down.
- Click Play.
So, these are methods that you can follow to play DVDs on your Windows 11 computer. Try them and let us know what worked for you in the comments section below.
Still experiencing issues?
If the above suggestions have not solved your problem, your computer may experience more severe Windows troubles. We suggest choosing an all-in-one solution like Fortect to fix problems efficiently. After installation, just click the View&Fix button and then press Start Repair.