Plex DVR is now available on Windows
Plex DVR is now a global service, allowing users from around the world to record their favorite shows and movies and then play them on their Windows 10 devices. To enable Plex DVR you need to pair your HDHomeRun digital Tuner and Plex pass subscription.
Plex makes it easy to discover new TV shows and helps you find things you might be interested in. Thanks to the intuitive, customizable program guide and powerful search, you can easily find the TV programs you’re interested in and record your favorite episodes, documentaries, and sports. The recordings are stored in your media library.
Plex DVR also organizes all the programs you record using a series of useful criteria such as: posters, actor info, season details or genre. In this manner, you no longer have to scroll through the entire collection to find what you want to watch. The list is available on any device, helping you to better organize your media library.
How to set up your Plex DVR:
- Install the digital antenna – Plex works with all types of digital antennas, indoor or outdoor.
- Connect your digital tuner – Plex works only with the HDHomeRun line of digital tuners for the time being.
- Set up Plex DVR- add your digital tuner, detect the available channels, customize your own TV guide.
Other features include:
- A rich program guide for all your favorite channels, with highlighted content: News, Sports, Premieres, and Upcoming Favorites. Plex also analyzes your viewing habits and content you have already stored to recommend you personalized content.
- Access content on and offline: thanks to the Mobile Sync and Cloud Sync features, you can now sync all recordings to your mobile device or on your favorite cloud storage account (Google Drive, Amazon Drive, and Dropbox), for offline access.
- Stunning picture quality: HD antennas allow you to enjoy impressive image quality for high definition broadcast.
As far as the overall Plex DVR price is concerned, in addition to a tuner and antenna, you need a Plex Pass which can range from $4.99 per month, $39.99 per year, or $149.99 for a lifetime subscription.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- How to Record Live TV on Windows 10
- Microsoft is testing over-the-air DVR support for Xbox One
- Watch free movies on Windows 10 with the Hotstar app
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]