Fix Power BI an error has occurred with these steps
The Power BI service can be accessed from both the web app as well as the Power BI desktop client. However, some users have reported a Power BI an error has occurred issue while trying to access the service from the web client. This is a common issue and can occur due to several reasons including corrupt browser cache and more as reported in the Power BI community forums.
When I open https://app.powerbi.com/ I have the following error:
A problem has occurred.
Try again later.
An unknown error has occurred. If this error persists, provide the following information when requesting assistance.
Date and Time: 2018-05-08 01: 24: 13Z
Activity ID: 7fca0722-72d2-44d9-8c36-63b713dbad8a
If you are also troubled by the similar Power BI an error has occurred issue, here is how to troubleshoot the issue with minimal effort.
How to fix Power BI an error has occurred
1. Clear Browser Cache
Begin with clearing the browser cache to resolve the issue with the Power BI service.
For Google Chrome
- Launch the browser and click on the Menu.
- Click on Settings.
- Click the Advanced button.
- Scroll down to the Privacy and Security section.
- Click on Clear browsing data.
- Select the Time Range and then select the “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files” options.
- Click the Clear data button.
- Close and relaunch the Chrome browser. Try to access the Power BI Service and check if the error is resolved.
2. Check VPN Software
- If you are using VPN on your desktop, check if it is connected when the Power BI error occurs.
- At times, Power BI service may refuse to connect to the service due to a sudden change of the region of the user.
- Disable the VPN client and try to access the Power BI service and check if the error is resolved.
- You may need to clear the browsing data and cookies again after disabling the VPN to access the Power BI Service.
3. Other Solutions to Try
- Try to access the Power BI service using Incognito Mode in your browser. If the error does not occur in the Incognito Mode, it could be one of the plugins that are creating the issue.
- Launch Chrome (or the browser you use), click on the Menu > Extensions. Try to disable the most recently installed extension. Relaunch the browser and check if the error is resolved. If the issue persists, try disabling other extensions one by one until the issue is resolved.
- Some users have reported that the Power BI error occurred issue resolved automatically after a day. So, check if the issue is temporary or at the Power BI end by contacting the support.
By following the steps in this article you should be able to fix Power BI an error has occurred issue with your Power BI service. Do let us know what you did to fix the error in the comments below.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE:
- How to add commas to numbers in Power BI [QUICK GUIDE]
- How to add filters in Power BI [EASY STEPS]
- Can’t find conditional formatting in Power BI? Check our fix
Google Chrome is the most popular browser out there. It is a reliable tool to surf the Internet and has many great features. However, nothing […]
Uplay is an amazing game distribution platform created by Ubisoft. It can be used to buy and download games as well as DLCs. It can […]