As you know, in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 you can plan how to power off your device or you can set your own power plan in order to properly manage your programs and your personal data. In that matter you can use your power plan on a daily basic whether we are talking about your business machine or your personal tablet, laptop or desktop. But, what to do when on your Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 device you get the “Power Plan Information Not Available” error?
Well, you should try to troubleshoot your Windows issue, though as you will notice, fixing this alert is quite annoying as it will seem that there is no method available that can address the power plan information not available message. You can try to reboot your device or run a system scan but the power plan issue will not be addressed. Of course, you might conclude that you have to run a System Restore troubleshoot operation or even to apply a clean Windows install, but why taking so drastic measures?
Anyway, follow the guidelines from below as I will show you how to easily and manually fix the Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 “Power Plan Information Not Available” system error.
How to Fix Windows 8 / 8.1 “Power Plan Information Not Available” Error
- On your Windows device go to your Start Page.
- From there press the “Wind + R” dedicated keyboard keys in order to launch the Run sequence.
- In the Run box type “regedit” and press enter.
- The Registry Editor will be then displayed on your computer.
- From left panel of the main window navigate towards “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MUI”.
- Up next, right click on the MUI key and select “New -> Key”.
- Name the new key “StringCacheSettings”.
- Now, head your attention towards the right panel of Registry Editor.
- From there right click on an empty space and select “New -> DWORD value” with the “StringCacheGeneration” value name.
- At this point click on the new created value and change its value data to 38b and check the Hexadecimal box; in the end click on “ok”.
- Close your Registry Editor window and restart your computer as you are done.
So, that’s how you can anytime resolve the Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 “Power Plan Information Not Available” system error. If you are still experiencing issues with this alert, don’t hesitate and share your problems within the comments field from below. Of course, our team will try to help you as soon as possible.