Fix: Power Plan Information is Not Available in Windows 10, 8, 8.1
As you know, in Windows 10, 8 and Windows 8.1 you can plan how to power off your device or you can set your own power plan in order to properly manage your programs and your personal data. In that matter you can use your power plan on a daily basic whether we are talking about your business machine or your personal tablet, laptop or desktop. But, what to do when you get the “Power Plan Information Not Available” error on your Windows 10, 8 or Windows 8.1 device?
Well, you should try to troubleshoot your Windows issue, though as you will notice, fixing this alert is quite annoying as it will seem that there is no method available that can address the power plan information not available message. You can try to reboot your device or run a system scan but the power plan issue will not be addressed. Of course, you might conclude that you have to run a System Restore troubleshoot operation or even to apply a clean Windows install, but why taking so drastic measures?
Anyway, follow the guidelines from below as I will show you how to easily and manually fix the Windows 10, 8 or Windows 8.1 “Power Plan Information Not Available” system error.
Fix ‘Power Plan Information Not Available’ error in Windows 10/8/8.1
1. Tweak your Registry
- On your Windows device go to your Start Page.
- From there press the “Wind + R” dedicated keyboard keys in order to launch the Run sequence.
- In the Run box type “regedit” and press enter.
- The Registry Editor will be then displayed on your computer.
- From left panel of the main window navigate towards “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlMUI”.
- Up next, right click on the MUI key and select “New -> Key”.
- Name the new key “StringCacheSettings”.
- Now, head your attention towards the right panel of Registry Editor.
- From there right click on an empty space and select “New -> DWORD value” with the “StringCacheGeneration” value name.
- At this point click on the new created value and change its value data to 38b and check the Hexadecimal box; in the end click on “ok”.
- Close your Registry Editor window and restart your computer as you are done.
2. Run the Windows Update/ Power troubleshooter
Many users encountered this error message after installing the latest Windows updates on their machines. This indicates that this issue might be directly related to Windows Update and running the update troubleshooter may help you fix it.
Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Troubleshooter > locate the Windows Update troubleshooter and run it. Don’t forget to run the Power troubleshooter as well. This tool helps you fix general issues with your computer’s power settings.
3. Run a full system scan
Malware may cause your computer to behave erratically and block it from displaying various system information, including power plan details. Run an in-depth antivirus scan to make sure that your computer is not affected by any malware infections.
You can use Windows’s built-in antivirus, Windows Defender, or a reliable third-party antivirus solution.
So, that’s how you can anytime resolve the Windows 10, 8 and Windows 8.1 “Power Plan Information Not Available” system error. If you are still experiencing issues with this alert, don’t hesitate and share your problems within the comments field from below. Of course, our team will try to help you as soon as possible.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Add a Switch Power Plan Option to Desktop in Windows 10
- Windows 10 switches to airplane mode on its own: Fix it for good
- Fix: Driver Power State Failure in Windows 10
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in May 2014 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
Waze is one of the biggest GPS navigation software in the world. A lot of people rely on Waze for their daily routes, traffic info, […]
Most websites include buttons of some description. Website buttons usually work fine. However, buttons on certain sites might not always work when users click them. […]
If your Mixer app is not streaming no matter what channel you try on, you don’t have to worry. This problem is more common than […]