Full Fix: Printer pulls too many pages
We print documents every day, and sometimes your printer pulls too many pages while printing. This is usually not a big problem, but it can be quite annoying, so today we’re going to show you how to fix it.
Printer issues can be a problem, and speaking of printing issues, here are some similar issues that users reported:
- Brother printer grabs multiple sheets, eating paper – This issue can occur due to your rollers. Sometimes the rollers might be worn out and the only way to fix the problem is to replace the rollers.
- Epson printer pulling multiple sheets – If your printer is pulling multiple sheets, the problem might be dampening foam. To fix the issue, you might have to replace this foam on your own or contact an expert.
- Printer taking in too much paper – This problem can sometimes occur due to tasks in your printing queue. Simply remove other tasks and check if that solves your problem.
- Canon printer feeds multiple sheets – Sometimes this problem can be caused by your rollers, and in order to fix the problem, you need to make them coarser on your own.
- Printer pulls too many pages HP – Another cause for this issue can be your paper, so be sure that your paper isn’t damaged or damped.
Printer pulls too many pages, how to fix it?
- Check your roller and paper
- Check your noise dampening foam
- Make your rubber paper grabber coarser
- Check your paper
- Clean your rollers
- Clear the print queue
- Disconnect your printer from your PC
Solution 1 – Check your roller and paper
If printer pulls too many pages while printing, the issue is most likely your roller. Sometimes your printer roller can become smooth due to prolonged use and that cause this issue to appear.
The only way to fix this issue is to replace the roller. This isn’t always an easy task, especially if you don’t know how to do it, so you might want to take your printer to the repair shop and ask a professional to do it for you.
In addition, be sure to check your paper as well. Sometimes your paper can stick together especially in warm climates. The paper can become damp and that will cause it to stick to other paper. If that’s the case, be sure to dry your paper before you use it for printing in order to avoid this and other problems.
- READ ALSO: FIX: Unable to Install Printer in Windows 10
Solution 2 – Check your noise dampening foam
According to users, if the printer pulls too many pages, the issue can be your dampening foam. Sometimes this foam can deteriorate and become sticky.
This will prevent the release plate from releasing and cause the roller to keep rolling and pick up more paper than needed. This can be a problem, and in order to fix it, it’s advised that you replace the noise dampening foam.
This might be too complicated for an everyday user, so you might want to take your printer to the repair center and ask the professional to do it for you.
Solution 3 – Make your rubber paper grabber coarser
If you have problems with your printer, the issue might be the rubber paper grabber. Sometimes this rubber part can become smoother and cause the printer to pick up more paper than it needs to. To fix it, users are suggesting to make the rubber coarser by using a nail file.
Simply by making the rubber a bit coarser you might be able to fix the problem. Users reported that this DIY solution worked for them, so you might want to try it out. Keep in mind that this solution requires you to disassemble your printer, so if you’re not comfortable with that, or if your printer is still under warranty, perhaps you should take it to the repair center and ask a professional to repair it for you.
Solution 4 – Check your paper
If your printer pulls too many pages, it’s possible that the issue is your paper. Sometimes low-quality paper can cause this issue, so be sure that you’re using proper paper for printing. In addition, make sure that your printer is stored in a cool and dry place.
Lastly, do not reuse old paper that already has something printed on it. If the paper has any ink on it, that could make it slightly damp and cause it to stick with other paper. In addition, be sure to use paper that’s not damaged.
A paper with rips, curls, or wrinkles can sometimes get stuck in your printer, so don’t use it. In addition, make sure that all the paper in your printer is the same size. Different size paper can sometimes get stuck and cause this and many other problems. The same goes for different kinds of paper. There are different kinds of paper available, so it’s important that you don’t mix two different types since the might stick during the printing process.
In addition, make sure that your paper is properly aligned before printing. Lastly, do not use more than 25 sheets of paper at the time since that can cause printing issues. To avoid paper issues, you should use between 10 and 25 sheets of paper at a time.
If the problem is still there, perhaps you should try using a different brand of paper and check if that helps.
As you can see, these are some general paper guidelines, and in order to avoid issues with printing, we suggest that you follow them and examine your paper.
- READ ALSO: Fix: Can’t remove printer in Windows 10
Solution 5 – Clean your rollers
All printers have rollers that are designed to pull paper in. However, if the printer pulls too many pages, it’s possible that there’s an issue with your rollers. To fix the problem, it’s advised that you carefully clean your rollers. To do that, follow these steps:
- Turn off your printer and disconnect it from the power outlet.
- Now open the rear access door of the printer. Some printers have a knob, while others have a release tab.
- If you have any paper stuck inside of the printer, be sure to remove it.
- Now clean the rollers with a lint-free cloth. For the best results, use the distilled or bottled water to slightly moisten the cloth. Be sure to rotate the rollers in order to clean them from all sides.
- Now you need to clean the bottom rollers. These rollers are hard to reach, so be sure to use a moist cotton swab to clean them.
- After doing that, check the rollers on the rear access door and clean them if needed.
- Wait for a couple of minutes for the rollers to dry. After the rollers are dry, put the rear access door and check if the problem is still there.
As you can see, this is an advanced solution, and if you don’t know how to remove the rear access door or how to clean the rollers properly, we suggest you contact an expert.
Solution 6 – Clear the print queue
After examining the hardware problems, it’s time to look at software issues that can cause this problem. If the printer pulls too many pages, it’s possible that the issue is caused by your print queue. Sometimes there might be multiple documents in the queue and that can lead to this issue. To fix the problem, you need to do the following:
- Press Windows Key + S and enter control panel. Now select Control Panel from the list.
- When Control Panel opens, select Devices and Printers.
- Right-click your printer and choose See what’s printing from the menu.
- Now go to the Printer > Cancel All Documents.
After doing that, your printer queue should be cleared and the problem will be resolved. If you’re an advanced user, or you want to clear your queue faster, you can always use Command Prompt to do so. To do that, just follow these steps:
- Right-click the Start button to open Win + X menu. Now select Command Prompt (Admin) or Powershell (Admin).
- When command line appears, run the following commands:
- Net Stop Spooler
- del %systemroot%\System32\spool\printers\* /Q
- Net Start Spooler
After running these commands, your printer queue should be completely cleared and the problem should be resolved.
Solution 7 – Disconnect your printer from your PC
If the printer pulls too many pages during printing, the issue might be caused by a temporary glitch. However, you might be able to fix the issue simply by disconnecting your printer from your PC and connecting it to a different USB port.
After doing that, the issue should be resolved. In addition to disconnecting the printer from the PC, you might want to disconnect it from the power outlet and check if that helps.
Printing problems can be quite annoying, and if your printer pulls too many pages, the issue is usually related to your hardware. However, we hope that you’ll manage to fix this problem using one of our solutions.
- Full Fix: Printer is not responding in Windows 10, 8.1, 7
- FIX: Printer won’t print in Windows 10, 8.1
- FIX: Windows 10 won’t open Devices and Printers
Friday the 13th: The Game brings Jason back. As a player, you’ll take either on the role of Jason Voorhees, or that of a Camp Crystal […]
AltGr is an essential key when you want to customize your keyboard to type in another language, for instance, Spanish. But users often face problems […]