Printer won’t save scan file? Fix it with these 2 solutions
Scanning a document should be a simple and intuitive process, but things tend to complicate for no apparent reason. Some users have had a hard time with saving scanned files, as printer won’t save scan file
In order to mitigate this, we encourage you to try two built-in tools and set the folder where scanned files are saved manually. Read below to find out what you need to do to fix the issue once and for all.
Where does my scanner save files?
1. Use Windows Fax and Scan
- If you want to save your scanned file, open Windows fax and scan program > tap on New Scan button.
- Secondly, go to Scanner Section > click on the Change button.
- Go to the Profile Section > select the Type of the file that you have scanned (it can be a photo or a document) > change the Default Setting.
- Now click the Scan Button > start scanning the hard copy in your printer.
- Subsequently, tap the File menu > click the Print option.
- A print dialogue box appears > go to the dropdown box > click on Microsoft Print To PDF > click on Print button.
- Click on Save Print Output as > insert a selected name for the file > choose a location to save the file > click on Save button.
2. Use Windows Scan
- Install the Windows Scan app from Microsoft Store. This link will take you right to the download window on Windows 10.
- Place the item you want to scan and select Scanner, Source, and File type.
- Click show and then Save file to in the app settings. Select the location where you want your scan files to be saved.
- Complete the scanning process. Your scanned files will automatically be saved in the location of your choice.
Make sure Windows installed on your computer is fully updated after which you can try and restart your computer as well as your printing device. You can also download a Print and Scan Doctor, here, to fix problems regarding scanning and saving files with HP scanners. Modifying your scanner and reinstalling your printer software may also help you save files according to your preference.
RELATED STORIES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:
- Printer won’t print all the pages [FIXED BY EXPERTS]
- How to fix weird printer noise [QUICK FIX]
- You do not have privileges to delete the printer [FULL GUIDE]
Google Chrome is the most popular browser out there. It is a reliable tool to surf the Internet and has many great features. However, nothing […]
Uplay is an amazing game distribution platform created by Ubisoft. It can be used to buy and download games as well as DLCs. It can […]