A printing calculator is similar to a regular calculator, just that it is usually made for business use. As such, it usually comes with the neat ability to print out your calculations and results on paper.
But these calculators are pretty common, so figuring out which are the best ones can be pretty tricky.
That is why we’ve compiled a list of what we think are the best printing calculators so that your accounting needs will be more easily fulfilled.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
What are the best professional printing calculators that I can buy?
- 2 line/second, 12 digit LCD display
- 2-color printer with a large easy-to-read display
- 2 1/4 Inches and key rollover- key operations are stored in a buffer
- Might be too simplistic for professional accounting
The Casio Inc. HR-100TM is a compact but powerful printing calculator is perfect for home or office, as it is capable of producing two lines per second, for fast entry and printing.
It also comes with a large, 12-digit display that is 33 percent larger than comparable models, making it great for fast error-free inputs and the multitude of supported equations makes it great for a wide variety of uses.
Important functions that the device has are sign change, item total, grand total, tax, and currency exchange.
- Check & Correct up to 150 entries
- Re-Print function, print duplicates
- Mini desktop size
- The calculator might be too loud for some
The highlight of this calculator is its increased portability, while still managing to maintain a wide screen allowing you to more easily input digits without error.
More so, it supports features such as currency conversion and tax calculations just with the touch of one button, making it great for accountants that are on the go. The same with Cost/Sell/Margin.
- Ideal for heavy-duty office use
- Floating (F) or fixed decimal (6,3,2,1,0), add (A) and constant (K) modes, and item count
- 12-digit display
- Works on AC power, so portability is limited
If you’re looking for a heavy-duty professional printing calculator for actual office work, then the Sharp EL-1197PIII is the right model for you.
As an added bonus, if you’re concerned about your personal health, you should know that it comes with built-in antimicrobial protection that inhibits the growth of damaging bacteria.
- 12 digits for all calculations with an easy-to-read LCD display
- High-speed printer (2.3 lines per second)
- Profit margin calculation
- The occasional quality control issues
The Canon P23-DH V 2 is a great printing calculator if you need medium-to-advanced accounting calculations while still having an easy interface and button arrangement.
It is ideal for those that can make fast calculations, as it has a printer that supports 2.3 lines per second, and the profit margin function makes it great for basic accounting endeavors.
- Large, 12-digit, fluorescent display
- Prints 3.7 LPS in 2 colors (black + / red -)
- Includes cost-sell-margin, quick tax Calculation, calendar/clock on display, and profit margin
- A standard set of functions
Unlike the other entries on our list, the Canon MP11DX is mostly designed for everyone’s first printing calculator.
The simplistic button arrangement, as well as the functions it boasts, makes it suitable for beginners or home accounting, and you can later move on to more advanced and specialized models.
Regardless of whether you are trying to calculate your personal home expenses or the profit rate for a specific deal at your office, having a printing calculator can definitely come in handy.
Having one that offers fast printing speeds and complex functions makes it even better, even if they will probably be pricier.
However, given the use of the item, the investment return should be easy to see in the long run.
FAQ: Learn more about printing calculators
- What are printing calculators used for?
Printing calculators are small calculators, used in accountancy; they come with numerous functions and take a paper roll where you can print your calculations.
- What is the best printing calculator?
Most printing calculators have the same functions, a 12-digit display, and can print in 2 colors. The best printing calculators bring extra printing options/speed.
- What kind of calculator do accountants use?
Canon, Casio or Sharp are some brands of calculators for accountants. You can add to them dedicated accounting software to ease the workload.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in November 2019 and was revamped and updated in November 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.