A printing calculator is similar to a regular calculator, just that it is usually made for business use. As such, it usually comes with the neat ability of being able to print out your calculations and results on paper.
But these calculators are pretty common, so figuring out which are the best ones can be pretty tricky.
That is why we’ve compiled a list of what we think are the best printing calculators so that your accounting needs will be more easily fulfilled.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
Casio Inc. HR-100TM
It also comes with a large, 12-digit display that is 33 percent larger than comparable models, making it great for fast error-free inputs and the multitude of supported equations makes it great for a wide variety of uses.
- Printing calculator, 2 line/second, 12 digit LCD display
- 2-color printer with a large easy-to-read display
- 2 1/4 Inches and key rollover- key operations are stored in a buffer
- Sign change, item total, and grand total functions
- Cost-sell margin and right shift functions
- Tax and currency exchange functions
- Full decimal system
- Floating, fixed (0-3) with round off
- AC adaptor or 4 AA Batteries required
- Too simplistic for professional accounting
Casio HR-8TM Plus
More so, it supports features such as currency conversion and tax calculations just with the touch of one button, making it great for accountants that are on the go.
- Printing calculator
- Portable. Paper width-2 1/4 Inch
- 12-Digit Printer
- Prints 1.6 Lines Per Sec
- Easy to read LCD display
- Tax & Currency Exchange Function
- Hard to load paper
As an added bonus, if you’re concerned about your personal health, you should know that it comes with built-in antimicrobial protection that inhibits the growth of damaging bacteria
- Built-in antimicrobial protection with micro ban inhibits the growth of damaging bacteria
- Ideal for heavy-duty office use
- Adds the grand total of several calculations, such as the total prices times units on an invoice
- The blue fluorescent display shows punctuation
- Floating (F) or fixed decimal (6,3,2,1,0), add (A) and constant (K) modes, and item count
- Prints on a standard paper roll and operates on AC power
- Displays and prints date and time
- 12-Digit display
- 2 color printing. Calendar/ Clock and Time function
- Works on AC power, so portability is limited
Canon P23-DH V 2
It is ideal for those that can make fast calculations, as it has a printer that supports 2.3 lines per second, and the profit margin function make it great for basic accounting endeavors.
- 12 Digits for all Calculations with easy to read LCD display
- High-speed printer (2.3 lines per second)
- Profit margin calculation
- Clock and calendar function
- Prints black and red
- The occasional quality control issues
The simplistic button arrangement, as well as the functions it boasts, makes it suitable for beginners or home accounting, and you can later move on to more advanced and specialized models.
- Large, 12-digit, fluorescent display
- Prints 3.7 LPS in 2 colors (black + / red -)
- Includes cost-sell-margin, quick tax Calculation, calendar/clock on display and profit margin
- Features grand total, decimal positions and round-up/off/down
- A standard set of functions
Closing thoughts on printing calculators for accountants
Regardless of whether you are trying to calculate your personal home expenses or the profit rate for a specific deal at your office, having a printing calculator can definitely come in handy.
Having one that offers fast printing speeds and complex functions makes it even better, even if they will probably be pricier.
However, given the use of the item, the investment return should be easy to see in the long run.