Unable to Connect to EA Servers: Here’s what you can do
Restart your game and check your internet connection first
- If you can't connect to EA servers, it's possible that the service is having some issues.
- Making sure that your network is fully functionable is a great way to prevent issues.
- Antivirus and firewall can block certain apps from working, so be sure to check your settings.
Many EA fans reported There was a problem connecting to EA servers while trying to run certain games on both Windows 10 and 11.
As you know, this can be a problem since it will prevent you from playing your favorite games online, so it’s important that you fix the issue as soon as possible.
This is relatively simple, and most of the time it’s not a massive problem so the following solutions should help.
- Why does it say "unable to connect to EA servers"?
- What happens if I can't connect to the EA servers?
- What can I do if I'm unable to connect to EA servers on Windows 10 & 11?
- 1. Restart the game
- 2. Restart your PC
- 3. Change your Internet connection
- 4. Restart your router
- 5. Repair your network
- 6. Disable your firewall/antivirus
- 7. Other tips
- What to do if you're unable to connect to EA servers on Windows 11?
- Check your date and time
- What to do if my antivirus/firewall is blocking access to EA servers?
- What do I do if I still can't connect to EA servers?
Why does it say “unable to connect to EA servers”?
Usually, this issue appears if there’s an issue with a server. This is especially true if the game was released recently and the servers are overloaded by the number of users.
If that’s not the issue, there may be a problem with your antivirus, firewall, or even network settings.
What happens if I can’t connect to the EA servers?
If you’re unable to connect to the EA servers, you won’t be able to play certain games online, but you’ll still be able to enjoy them in single-player mode.
Some games, especially ones that are always online, won’t be able to work at all until you manage to resolve the issue.
What can I do if I’m unable to connect to EA servers on Windows 10 & 11?
1. Restart the game
Closing and then restarting games often solves a plethora of malfunctions including the There was a problem connecting to EA servers error.
Do this before attempting any other solution. This is the simplest tip and it often works, so it’s worth checking out.
2. Restart your PC
3. Change your Internet connection
If you keep getting There was a problem connecting to EA servers try switching to the wired connection. In case you’re playing via Wi-Fi, connect your device to a router and see if the server connection is restored.
If you only have a wireless connection, try changing to the strongest wireless channel as it’s likely to be more stable. In case you’re having Wi-Fi problems, check our Wi-Fi connection drops guide for more solutions.
4. Restart your router
- Power down the router by pressing the Power button on it.
- Now unplug it.
- Wait for about a minute and then plug it back into its power source.
- Power it back on and see if the connection is stabilized.
5. Repair your network
- Press Windows key + S and enter troubleshoot. Now select Troubleshoot settings.
- Click on Additional troubleshooters.
- Select Internet Connections and click on Run the troubleshooter.
- If the problem is still there, you can run Incoming Connections and Network Adapter, troubleshooter.
If you’re still stuck, do the following:
- Press Windows key + X and select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
- Run these commands:
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
Restart the PC at the end of it all and verify if you have successfully recovered your connection to EA servers.
6. Disable your firewall/antivirus
- Press Windows key + S and type firewall. Select Windows Defender Firewall.
- Now select Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- Select Turn off Windows Firewall for both Private and Public connections and click on OK.
To disable the built-in antivirus, do the following:
- Press Windows key + S and type defender. Select Windows Security.
- Navigate to Virus & threat protection and click on Manage settings.
- Now disable Real-time protection.
- Optional: You can disable additional options that are available.
This method works only for the default firewall and antivirus, but if you’re using a third-party solution, the process will differ significantly.
7. Other tips
- Check the games release date: Also confirm the release date for the EA game you wish to play. You see, EA servers are hyper-busy during the launch days for their games as users rush online to get a glimpse of what the game brings.
The increased number of connections overwhelms the servers resulting in this error message when you try to play online.
So wait for some hours then retry.
- Is your game supported? – Additionally, some games especially the older ones are not supported for online play by EA so check the status of your game on the EA’s website.
- Run the game as an administrator – Some games need certain Windows permissions, so running them as an administrator may help. Right-click the games shortcut on the desktop and choose Run as administrator.
What to do if you’re unable to connect to EA servers on Windows 11?
Check your date and time
- Right-click the date and time in the Taskbar. Now select Adjust date and time.
- Disable Set time automatically.
- Wait for a few moments and enable it again.
- Now check if the problem is resolved.
What to do if my antivirus/firewall is blocking access to EA servers?
To make sure that your security software is the problem, temporarily disable it and check if that helps. If that helps, turn the antivirus back on again and try to find the setting that is causing the issue.
Using your PC without antivirus and firewall is a major security concern, so don’t keep them disabled, even while gaming.
What do I do if I still can’t connect to EA servers?
If you’re still unable to access the EA servers, it’s rather likely that the issue is caused by the server side, and the only thing you can do is wait for EA to fix the issue.
Alternatively, you can contact EA on social media or support forums and let them know about the issue you’re having.
There you go, these are some solutions that can help you fix There was a problem connecting to EA servers on your Windows 10 or Windows 11 PC.
If you’re having additional issues, be sure to check our An unexpected error has occurred in Origin article for more solutions.
Did you find a way to fix this problem on your own? If you did, let us know in the comments below.