There was a problem connecting to EA servers [QUICK FIX]
Many EA fans reported There was a problem connecting to EA servers while trying to run certain games. Luckily, most of the time it’s not a massive issue and the following solutions usually help.
What to do if you’re unable to connect to EA servers?
- Restart the game
- Restart your console/PC
- Disable your firewall/antivirus
- Change your Internet connection
- Restart your router
- Repair your network
- Other tips
1. Restart the game
Closing and then restarting games often solves a plethora of malfunctions including the There was a problem connecting to EA servers error.
Do this before attempting any other solution.
2. Restart your console/PC
Fully shut down your Xbox or PC and restart it. This refreshes your connection and may help get rid of the problem triggering that is causing There was a problem connecting to EA servers error.
3. Disable your firewall/antivirus
Faulty router or computer firewall settings can block packets of information coming from EA. Try disabling your firewall temporarily and see if the issue is solved.
Furthermore, malware-prevention software might stop you from getting online so consider turning your antivirus off too. If you discover that your antivirus is the problem, perhaps it would be a good idea to update it to the latest version or switch to a different antivirus.
Bitdefender offers great protection, and thanks to its Gaming Mode feature, it won’t interfere with your gaming sessions in any way.
4. Change your Internet connection
If you keep getting There was a problem connecting to EA servers try switching to the wired connection. In case you’re playing via a Wi-Fi, connect your device to a router and see if the server connection is restored.
If you only have a wireless connection, try changing to the strongest wireless channel as it’s likely to be more stable.
5. Restart your router
In case the problem is still there, try restarting your router. This usually creates a fresh connection to your internet service provider (ISP) and it could help.
- Power down the router.
- Now unplug it.
- Wait for about a minute and then plug it back into its power source.
- Power it back on and see if the connection is stabilized.
If you own both modem and router, repeat these steps for both devices.
6. Repair your network
Now we will assume the main cause for the There was a problem connecting to EA servers error is your network. To fix it, do the following:
- Click the Start button then select Settings.
- Now choose Network & Internet.
- Type Network in the highlighted search box and select find and fix networking and connection problems.
- Click next and follow the remaining steps see how it pans out.
If you’re still stuck, do the following:
- Click Start and type cmd in the search box.
- Right-click on the cmd option then select Run as administrator. Click Yes if prompted by UAC (User Account Control).
- Type these commands (press Enter after each entry):
Restart the PC at the end of it all and verify if you have successfully recovered your connection to EA servers.
7. Other tips
- Check the games release date: Also confirm the release date for the EA game you wish to play. You see, EA servers are hyper-busy during the launch days for their games as users rush online to get a glimpse of what the game brings.
The increased number of connections overwhelms the servers resulting in this error message when you try to play online.
So wait for some hours then retry.
- Is your game supported?: Additionally, some games especially the older ones are not supported for online play by EA so check the status of your game on the EA’s website.
- Run the game as an administrator: Some games need certain Windows permissions, so running them as an administrator may help. Right-click the games shortcut on the desktop and choose Run as administrator.
There you go, these are some solutions that can help you fix There was a problem connecting to EA servers on your Windows 10 PC.
ALSO CHECK OUT:
- FIFA 2019 on Windows 10, Xbox One: The first game details
- How to back up save game files in Windows 10
- Can’t connect to game server in Dota 2? Here’s how to fix that
Twitch is one of the most used live streaming video platforms, however, many users reported Unable to join call Twitch error. The developers at Twitch […]
Twitch is one of the most used and appreciated streaming services available on the market, but a large number of users reported Error fetching your […]
As one Microsoft employee reports on the company’s forum, you can now get notifications on your desktop every time your Skype contact come online. Also, […]