Many users reported There was a problem and we couldn’t continue (0x80a4001a) error on Xbox One that prevents them from signing in.
One user described the error on Reddit as follows:
I’m getting this message when trying to log into my account. I have contacted support but got nothing from them so far. The password screen is also white Instead of gray. The message reads (there was a problem and we couldn’t continue 0x80a4001a). How do I fix this. . .
We managed to come up with a few solutions in order to fix this frustrating sign-in error.
How can I fix error 0x80a4001a on Xbox One?
1. Make sure the servers are running properly
- First of all, you have to make sure that the Xbox Servers are up and running.
- Check the Xbox Live Status on the official website in order to obtain reliable information.
2. Reconnect your account
- Press the Xbox button > go to the Home tab and select your profile.
- Choose the account you want to disconnect > select Sign out
- Go to the Home tab > press Sign in.
- Choose the account you want to use and press the A button on your controller.
3. Attempt to remove and recover the Xbox profile
- First, remove the existing profile.
- Press the Xbox button > select System.
- Access Settings > Account > Remove Account.
- Choose the account to remove > select Remove.
- Select Close and restart your console.
Secondly, you have to Power cycle the console:
- Turn off the console using the power button on the console.
- Leave the console off for about 10 seconds.
- Turn the console back on.
Next, you need to recover the account:
- Press the Xbox button on your controller.
- Select Sign in > then choose Add & manage.
- Enter the account login information and check the privacy settings.
- Choose a color for the profile > select Next.
- Confirm the gamerpic > choose Next.
- Choose between Save my password or Keep asking for my password.
4. Check Internet connection
- Perform a test on your internet connection from the Xbox settings.
- Hard restart your router/modem.
- Make sure to run a wired connection, rather than a wireless connection.
- Contact your Internet provider if you notice unusual internet activity.
We hope that our guide on fixing the There was a problem and we couldn’t continue (0x80a4001a) error was helpful. If you found other working solutions, share them in the comment section below.
- Fix: “Error in content enumeration” on Xbox One
- How to fix Your network is behind a port-restricted NAT error on Xbox One
- How to fix Xbox error Update failed