There was a problem joining the game [QUICK FIX]
The essence of so many games lies in the multiplayer mode, where players can join their friends and share the gaming experience. However, there seems to be a widespread issue with Diablo 3 on all supported devices. Namely, users are getting the There was a problem joining the game error. This completely prevents them from joining certain games, while the others work without issues.
Blizzard responded to the problem since the first reports and allegedly solved it, but the error is still bothering users nonetheless.
In order to fix this, follow the steps below.
Why can’t I join a friend’s game in Diablo 3?
1: Update the game
- Primarily, reboot your PC or console and try again.
- If the problem occurred on the PC, navigate to the Battle.net client.
- The client should automatically update the game.
- Alternatively, if you are stuck with the problem on consoles, navigate to the game and update it from the menu.
- After that, check for the console firmware updates, too, and reboot your console.
2: Check the connection
- Since the problem is mostly related to connection issues, try resetting your router and modem.
- Stick to wired connection instead of wireless.
- Open Ports on your router that are required for the game to work seamlessly online. For Diablo 3, you’ll need to ensure that these ports are open:
80, 1119UDP PORTS
- Change region settings to ALL.
- Restore your router or modem to factory settings.
- Disable IPv6 and stick to IPv4 solely in network settings.
3: Reinstall the game
- Navigate to Battle.net client and select the game from the Main menu.
- Uninstall the game.
- Navigate to the installation folder and delete all remaining files.
- Get back to Battle.net client and install the game again.
RELATED STORIES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:
- Got a problem connecting to Blizzard services? Fix it now
- Error joining multiplayer session Steam error [FULL FIX]
- How to repair Blizzard games: Here’s a quick tip
Every photographer knows the importance of an image that shows all the details of a captured scene. This becomes particularly difficult while taking close-range shots […]
MS Word and Google Docs are two of the foremost word processing applications. Both those word processors include numbered bullet list formatting options. However, Word […]