Numerous users have posted on Microsoft’s forum about a The program used to create this object is Outlook error. That error can arise for some users when they try to open MS Outlook email attachments.
As a consequence, users can’t open the attachments. This issue can arise in Outlook 2007-2016. If you need to fix the program used to create this object is Outlook error, check out some of these resolutions for it.
How do I fix the object creation error in Outlook?
1. Change the email message format to plain text
- First, try changing Outlook’s email message format to plain text. Select Outlook’s File tab.
- Click Options on the File tab.
- Click Mail on the left of the Outlook Options window.
- Select Plain Text on the Compose messages in this format drop-down menu.
- Click the OK button.
2. Uninstall Windows updates
The program used to create this object error can be due to Windows updates. To be more specific, KB3203467, KB3191932, KB3191938, KB3203467, and KB3191898 are among the updates confirmed to trigger the error.
Those aren’t recent updates, but some users might still be able to fix the issue by uninstalling updates.
To uninstall recent updates, press the Windows key + R hotkey to open Run. Then input appwiz.cpl in the Open box and click OK to open the uninstaller.
Click View installed updates to open a list of installed updates. You can remove updates listed there by selecting them and clicking Uninstall. Restart Windows after uninstalling updates.
3. Update Outlook
- Microsoft has updated Outlook to fix the program used to create this object is Outlook error.
- To update Outlook, click the File tab.
- Click Office Account on the left of Outlook’s window.
- Click the Update Options to open a drop-down menu.
- Then click the Update Now option.
Alternatively, you can manually download the specific patch updates for Outlook that fix the program used to create this object error. Microsoft released four patch updates to fix the issue for the various Outlook versions.
Click the links below to open the pages for them.
4. Check for Windows updates
- Updating Windows might also fix the issue. Press the Windows key + S hotkey.
- Input updates to search for the Windows Update tab in Settings.
- Click Check for updates to open the Windows Update tab.
- Press the Check for updates button.
- Restart Windows when you’ve installed available updates.
Those are the confirmed fixes for the program used to create this object is Outlook error. In addition to those fixes, try forwarding the emails that include the attachments to your own email address. Then open the attachments from the forwarded emails.
FAQ: Learn more about Outlook
- What is Microsoft Outlook?
Microsoft Outlook can be described as a personal information manager, but most people use it as an email client.
- What can I use instead of Outlook?
If you need a different information manager, there are a couple of alternatives out there.
- Is Outlook free?
Yes, Outlook can be used completely free.