How to set up PS4 Remote Play in Windows 10 [STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE]
PS4 Remote Play is a handy little tool for PlayStation console gamers that allows you to stream and remotely play games from your PlayStation 4 to a Windows PC. It’s great if you want to, for example, feel some PS4 exclusives on a PC.
Now, before you start playing God of War 5 on your Desktop PC, there are a few requirements you need to meet and a setting up procedure you need to go through. First off, here’s what you’ll need to set up the PS4 Remote Play on your PC:
- DualShock 4 controller
- Micro USB Cable
- PlayStation Network access
- Internet connection with upload and download speeds of at least 5 Mbps (12 Mbps recommended)
If you meet all the requirements, and I’m pretty sure you do, let’s move on to setting up the PS4 Remote Play on your computer. The instructions are below.
How to use PS4 Remote Play on a Windows PC
1. Enable the Remote Play feature on your console
- Update PS4 Firmware
- Turn on your console.
- Go to Settings > System Software Update.
- Select Update.
- Wait for the system to download the new update.
- Once the new update is downloaded, head over to Notifications > Downloads.
- Follow further instructions to install the downloaded update.
- Enable Remote Play
- Go to Settings > Remote Play Connection Settings.
- Check both Enable Remote Play and Connect directly with PS Vita/PS TV.
- Now, go back to Settings, and select PlayStation Network/Account Management.
- Select Activate as Your Primary PS4, and choose Activate.
- The Remote Play feature is now activated, so you should now allow it to start when your console is in the Reset Mode. To do that, go back to Settings > Power Save Settings.
- Select Set Features Available in Reset Mode, and check the Stay Connected to the Internet.
That’s it, your PlayStation 4 is now ready to cast the signal to your PC. Now, we need to do the same on your computer.
2. Download and install PS4 Remote Play on your computer
- Download the PS4 Remote Play package, here.
- Once you download the installer, run it and simply follow further installation instructions.
- Once the package is installed on your computer, we can move to the final step and set up the connection between your PlayStation 4 and your Windows 10 PC.
3. Set up the connection
- Lunch the Remote Play app you just installed.
- Click Start, and then sign in with your PlayStation account.
- The app should now start searching for your PS4.
- Once the connection is established, you’ll be able to cast or remotely-play PS4 games on your computer.
That’s about it, as you can see establishing the connection between your PS4 and your PC is straightforward with the Remote Play feature, and you can establish it within minutes (if you have the required hardware, of course).
If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions, just let us know in the comments down below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- How to fix PlayStation 3 Controller problems on PC
- Discover how to easily Connect PS4 Controller to Windows 10
- Fix: Windows 10 Streaming Issue With PlayStation 3 Media
- 13 best PlayStation Now games for Windows 10
While trying to launch one of the Microsoft Office programs, you may encounter an error that won’t let you access any of the Microsoft Office […]
If you frequently send emails, especially in a business environment, then you most probably know Microsoft Outlook. This email client comes pre-installed with Microsoft Windows […]