- You can’t enjoy your gaming time when PUBG keeps crashing. That’s why you need to act fast.
- You can go right to the source of this issue and take your time to update the graphics drivers.
- For extra help on solving all sorts of common issues, do check out our Troubleshooting section.
- As an addicted gamer, you need to take a closer look at this PC Game Hub. You’ll simply love it!
PUBG is an amazing multiplayer action game, but many users reported PUBG crashing while in game. This can be a huge problem and cause you to lose your match.
A lot of gamers have reported that their PUBG game is crashing constantly, in some cases it happened up until 6 times a day.
This can be very frustrating, and hoping to get a fix from the developers takes a lot of waiting.
For these reasons, in this article, we will explore some of the best troubleshooting methods to deal with your PUBG game crashing. Read on to find out more.
Note: It is worth mentioning that the best way to start trying out these solutions is to first perform a clean reinstall of your PUBG game.
This includes uninstalling it normally, but also eliminating any files and folders from the game.
This will allow you to get a clean slate, and gets the system ready to solve any crash issues you might experience.
How to fix PUBG crash on startup?
- Update your drivers
- Install the latest updates
- Disable overclocking
- Update Windows
- Run Steam and PUBG with admin privileges
- Update/Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
1. Update your drivers
If PUBG is crashing in game, it’s possible that your drivers are the problem. To solve this, it’s advised that you update your graphics drivers to the latest version and check if that helps.
Device manufacturers usually create these drivers, therefore you can obtain them straight from the manufacturer of your device. However, choosing the right version isn’t always an easy task.
If you feel the same way and prefer safety over taking any chances, you can use third-party solutions such as DriverFix to update all your drivers automatically.
As expected, a couple of clicks while using this tool are all it takes to update all your drivers.
This will ensure the best graphics performance and the fewest bugs, so confirm that it has worked for you too.
DriverFixPUBG keeps crashing in game? Use a dedicated driver updater such as DriverFix to solve the issue!
2. Install the latest updates
The team at Bluehole (PUBG devs), regularly release patches that fix the most common issues reported by users.
In order to achieve this, you can simply visit the official PUBG patches webpage, and download the latest patches for the game.
Once you update the game, check if the problem is still there.
3. Disable overclocking
In the case that you are using overclocking to get better performance from your GPU, it is worth noting that this can affect the stability of PUBG.
If PUBG is crashing in game, we recommend that you try resetting your overclocking settings to the default and see if that fixes the problem.
Even if this solution doesn’t solve the problem entirely, it might reduce the number of crashes you experience.
4. Update Windows
- In the Cortana search bar, type Settings, and open up the top result.
- Select Update & Security > Check for Updates.
- After installing all the available updates, restart your computer.
5. Run Steam and PUBG with admin privileges
- For Steam, navigate to C: > Program Files (x86) > Steam > right click on Steam.exe and select Run as Administrator.
- In order to run PUBG as an administrator, you can go to C: > Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > Battlegrounds > TslGame > Binaries > Win64 > select TsLGame.exe > right click it, and then click on run as Admin.
If PUBG is crashing in game, it’s possible that you don’t have the necessary privileges to run it. To fix that, follow the above steps.
6. Update/Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
If the problem with PUBG is still there, perhaps Visual C++ Redistributables are the problem. To fix the issue, you might have to update or reinstall them.
There you go, these are some solutions that might want to try if PUBG is crashing in game. Be sure to let us know if our solutions fixed the problem for you.