The FPS formula is back, with Rage 2, the game brought to us by Avalanche Studios and id Software.
The game picks up after 30 years from the original events of Rage, featuring a more open world, new abilities, a new roster of weapons and skills that can be tuned to fit your play style.
As we’ve learned across the years, no game launch can be deemed flawless, and Rage 2 is no exception. We covered some of the most common Rage 2 bugs, but we’ll expand the list as the new bugs show up.
What are the most common Rage 2 bugs?
1. Audio bugs
There are instances when the audio simply cuts out, or some NPC’s are unable to initiate dialogue with the protagonist.
Frequent audio dropouts. Cannot talk to certain NPC’s, the guy who sells maps at Gunbarrel and also Dr Kvasir which is a gamebreaker.
2. Game crashing
Being able to play for extended periods of time is a must, but some players have experienced the game crashing while going through the notes menu.
Here’s a couple of more I noticed: Game crashes when going through notes menu for extended time
3. Game stutter
There are reports in regards to the game stuttering at various points.
That stutter issue persists through all the zones no matter if I’ve traveled to them or not. Kinda kills the driving combat for me.
4. Graphical issues
Some users have had issues with the game’s temporal anti-aliasing, causing some problems along the way.
My biggest problem is the awful TAA, please Avalanche do something! The mouse seems a little screwy as well, people are reporting negative acceleration.
How to fix common Rage 2 bugs?
1. Audio bug fix
- A solution for this is turning on the subtitles from the game’s menu.
- You can also go by changing your audio from surround sound to stereo. On your desktop, just right-click on the speaker icon on the bottom right corner of your screen and select Sounds.
- Now go to Playback and disable all the sound devices except the internal speaker or the speaker which you wish to use.
2. Game crashing fix
- Go to your Steam client.
- From the Library section, right-click on Rage 2 game and click on Properties from the menu.
- Now select the Local files tab and click on the Verify integrity of game files.
- After this is done, try running the game again.
3. Update drivers to fix the stutter issue
- Right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.
- Expand the Display adapters section.
- Right-click the driver and select Update driver from the list of options.
- Select the first option, Search automatically for drivers.
- The system will install the newest default driver for the component.
- Restart the PC if it installed a new one.
Manually updating the drivers might not get you the best results and it can be time consuming. You could be forced to look for the correct driver on the manufacturer’s website.
But if you want to get rid of all the headaches, you can quickly update all outdated drivers automatically, by using a third-party tool like the one recommended below.
4. Graphics fix
- Open your Nvidia Control Panel, and select 3D Settings.
- Turn off the Dynamic Super Sampling.
There you go, these are some common Rage 2 bugs that you can experience. Be sure to try all of our solutions and let us know which solution worked for you.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.