The FPS formula is back, with Rage 2, the game brought to us by Avalanche Studios and id Software. The game picks up after 30 years from the original events of Rage, featuring a more open world, new abilities, a new roster of weapons and skills that can be tuned to fit your play style.
As we’ve learned across the years, no game launch can be deemed flawless, and Rage 2 is no exception. We covered some of the most common Rage 2 bugs, but we’ll expand the list as the new bugs show up.
What are the most common Rage 2 bugs?
1. Audio bugs
There are instances when the audio simply cuts out, or some NPC’s are unable to initiate dialogue with the protagonist.
Frequent audio dropouts. Cannot talk to certain NPC’s, the guy who sells maps at Gunbarrel and also Dr Kvasir which is a gamebreaker.
2. Game crashing
Being able to play for extended periods of time is a must, but some players have experienced the game crashing while going through the notes menu.
Here’s a couple of more I noticed: Game crashes when going through notes menu for extended time
3. Game stutter
There are reports in regards to the game stuttering at various points.
That stutter issue persists through all the zones no matter if I’ve traveled to them or not. Kinda kills the driving combat for me.
4. Graphical issues
Some users have had issues with the game’s temporal anti-aliasing, causing some problems along the way.
My biggest problem is the awful TAA, please Avalanche do something! The mouse seems a little screwy as well, people are reporting negative acceleration.
How to fix common Rage 2 bugs?
1. Audio bug fix
- A solution for this is turning on the subtitles from the game’s menu.
- You can also go by changing your audio from surround sound to stereo. On your desktop, just right click on the speaker icon on the bottom right corner of your screen and select Sounds.
- Now go to Playback and disable all the sound devices except the internal speaker or the speaker which you wish to use.
2. Game crashing fix
- Go to your Steam client.
- From the Library section, right-click on Rage 2 game and click on Properties from the menu.
- Now select the Local files tab and click on the Verify integrity of game files.
- After this is done, try running the game again.
3. Stutter fix
- In order to fix this, try updating your graphics card with the latest drivers.
- Another good solution is disabling the vertical sync since it can reduce graphical tearing.
In order to quickly update all outdated drivers automatically, you can use third-party tools such as TweakBit Driver Updater.
4. Graphics fix
- Open your Nvidia Control Panel, and select 3D Settings.
- Turn off the Dynamic Super Sampling.
There you go, these are some common Rage 2 bugs that you can experience. Be sure to try all of our solutions and let us know which solution worked for you.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT: