- Every now and then, some files can be accidentally deleted from your Dropbox account.
- You can recover recently deleted Dropbox files via the Deleted Files page.
- Basic and Plus users can only retrieve files that were deleted in the past 30 days.
- Professional and Business users can recover deleted files from Dropbox that were removed 180 days ago.
Sometimes, accidents can happen. You mistook one file for another and you deleted it from Dropbox. However, you needed that document, and now it is nowhere to be found.
Also, it might seem that you need that document after all. It is important for an app that stores data to have an option to recover lost files and folders.
Dropbox has this flexibility, so you can recover your files after you deleted them.
Moreover, we recommend keeping your data on hardware as well. There are situations when you don’t have access to the Internet and you need a certain document.
Not being able to recover your lost files could be a major issue for some users, but luckily, Dropbox has your back. So, today we will show you how to recover deleted Dropbox files.
How can I recover deleted files from Dropbox?
1. Launch the Dropbox app or go to Dropbox.com.
2. Go to Files.
3. Click on Deleted files in the sidebar.
4. Select the name of the deleted file or folder you want to recover. It is worth mentioning that you can select multiple documents at once by clicking the checkbox icon.
If you don’t find your deleted file, type the name (or part of the name) of the document in the search box.
5. Click Restore. If you’re restoring a large number of files, this will take some time. It is worth mentioning that you can select multiple documents at once by clicking the checkbox icon.
If you recently deleted some files on Dropbox, you can recover them very easily from the Deleted files page.
Do note that you cannot recover files that were deleted more than 30 days ago using this method if you have a Basic, Family or a Plus account. Professional and Business accounts have the period extended to 180 days.
Also, it is worth mentioning that you can recover only the files where you have editing access. The read-only documents are deleted for good from the first click.
As you can see, there is nothing to worry about. You can recover your deleted files from Dropbox quite easily. Of course, if you click on Permanently delete, you will delete your files for good.
Can I recover permanently deleted files in Dropbox?
Unfortunately, permanently deleted files cannot be recovered under any circumstance. The same goes for files that were deleted more than 30 or 180 days ago, depending on your account type.
So, the delete function in Dropbox works like Recycle Bin in Windows. By clicking on Delete, you move the files to the trash.
Moreover, if you have a Business or a Professional account, you can search a certain document by any keyword from the file.
Regardless of your account, you can search for many types of documents, such as Word files, PowerPoint documents, PDFs, Notepad files, and so on.
Did you find our methods useful? Do let us know in the comments section below!