Are you locked out of your Outlook account and you are finding it difficult to remember your password? This article is designed to help you out. We’ll be showing you how to recover Outlook email password, to ensure you are not locked out of your account for long.
People forget passwords everyday, which is why there are numerous password recovery programs in the market today. These programs are specially designed to facilitate password recovery, and ensure we are always provided unfettered access to our accounts, documents, gadgets and so on.
For Microsoft Outlook users, there is a manual procedure, which can easily be followed to recover lost or forgotten Outlook email password. And we’ll be enlightening you on how to use this procedure, as well other notable methods, to recover Outlook email password.
How do I recover my Outlook email password
1. Recover Outlook Email Password By Resetting the Password
Microsoft Outlook, like other notable communication programs, provides an option for recovering forgotten password. This is the basic process for recovering forgotten Outlook password, and it is often referred to as the “manual recovery process”.
To recover Outlook email password via this traditional method, follow the guidelines below:
- Navigate to the Reset your password page
- From the list of reasons (why you want to reset your password), and select the appropriate reason.
- Click Next
- In the provided box, input your recovery email address (email used during registration).
- Fill in the verification characters (figures and/or letters).
- Click on the Next
- After this, you’ll receive a verification code via the provided email address or phone number.
- Input the verification code in the appropriate box and submit entry.
- Reset and generate new password.
This action is the conventional method that can easily be used, by anyone, to recover Outlook email password.
However, if you can’t recall your Microsoft account’s recovery email or registered phone number, you might have to adopt a third-party software solution to recover or reset the password.
2. Recover Outlook Email Password Using Third-party Software
There are tons of recovery software in the market, any of which can be employed to recover Outlook email password and facilitate access to your Outlook account.
For convenience, we’ll be looking at two of the most prominent Outlook password recovery software in market.
Note: We’ve also described how each of the below-listed software can be employed, to recover forgotten or lost Outlook email password.
1. Kernel Outlook Password Recovery
In case you didn’t know, Outlook stores all of your emails onto your hard drive in a format called PST. Programs like Kernel Outlook Password Recovery are designed specifically for handling these types of files, allowing access to them.
The program is extremely efficient at recovering Outlook PST file passwords, thus being of great help to those that have forgotten them. More so, the PST messages themselves can be unlocked, so you can view their contents, regardless of whether they were password-protected or not.
You are not limited by language barriers since the program supports multilingual password recovery, meaning roman, Arabic, Asian and all other known alphabets are supported for recognition.
Once the password has been recovered, you can easily change the password attributed to the files as well, and even encrypt the files for a better degree of protection.
Lastly, you should know that this program supports all major versions of Outlook, from the latest Office 365 version up to Outlook 97. This means that emails new and old are up for recovery in no time.
To recover Outlook email password with Kernel Outlook Password Recovery, follow the steps below:
- Purchase the Kernel Outlook Password Recovery tool.
- You can also download the free trial version.
- Install the program on your computer and open it.
- Import the passworded Outlook program or document to be recovered.
- Select one of the three available password recovery options:
- Set new password
- Open your Outlook account and access your email messages.
Note: After successful recovery, it is highly recommended you reset your Outlook email password to a less complex combination. If you are still in doubt, then it’s better to outrightly remove the password.
2. Windows Key from Passware
Windows Key from Passware is a prominent password recovery solution for resetting/recovering all types of passwords and security settings on a computer, specifically Windows computer.
It is exclusively designed to support only Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP. Also, it can be adopted to reset passwords on Windows Server 2013 and older (down to WinServer 2003).
Windows Key from Passware is fairly easy to use. And it works alongside a bootable USB drive or CD. The program embed the recovery tool on a bootable CD/Flash drive, which can then be used to reset Outlook password and/or other password-protected programs on your computer.
Passware Windows Key can execute the following security commands: Reset Admin password, reset program-specific password, reset secure boot, reset system security policy and more. These commands are optimized to operate at 100% recovery rate.
Windows Key for Passware is available in three pricing models – Basic, Standard Plus and Business – all of which come with a one-month money back guarantee. The lowest plan, Basic, goes for $39.
To recover Outlook email password with Passware Windows Key, follow the steps below:
- Purchase the program and install it on your computer.
- Get an ISO image or a Setup CD (for Windows).
- Request for an ISO image, if you don’t have one. You can table your request from this page.
- Burn the ISO image on a blank Flash drive or an empty disk.
- Allow the Flash drive/CD to take control of your system’s boot process.
- Reset the security settings on your computer.
- Recover Outlook email password.
After successful recovery, you are all set! You can now open your Outlook account and access your email messages as you see fit.
If you happen to forget your Outlook account password, don’t become so hard on yourself; we all forget passwords. To ensure you are easily able to recover your password and access your Outlook account, we have created a comprehensive guide for you.
FAQ: Learn more about PST and OST files
- What are PST files?
A PST file (or Outlook Data File) contains your messages and other Outlook items and is saved on your computer.
- What is the difference between an OST and a PST file?
In short, an OST file is the offline data created by the MS Outlook and Server to store offline copies of data. On the other hand, PST files are not created by the Outlook or Exchange Server.
- Can I convert an OST file to a PST file?
Yes. File conversions between the two formats are possible, but the easiest way to do it is via third-party programs.
In this guide, we have described the conventional Outlook password recovery method, as well as durable software solutions, which you can easily employ to recover your password and access your Outlook email account.
If you’ve attempted any of the solutions in this tutorial, kindly share your experience with us.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in February 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in April 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.outlook