- If you forgot your Zimbra password, you won't be able to enjoy the service anymore.
- Going to the official Zimbra Web Client and following the guidelines will surely solve the issue.
- You can also get your password back from within the Zimbra app if you know the username.
- Keep in mind that you need administrator rights to see the password recovery option.
The Zimbra Collaboration Suite is a collaborative software suite that includes an email server and a web client.
Regardless of whether you want to use both services or only one of them, you will need to log in via an account.
This account is made up of a username and a password of your choosing. However, no account credentials are 100% foolproof.
There is one thing that plagues everyone at one point or another: a faulty memory. You can sometimes forget your credentials, or somply mix them up with others.
As such, if you don’t have your Zimbra account credentials written down somewhere, it is good to know how you can recover them.
For those of you that have been using Zimbra for some time but have stopped, the service introduced an account recovery method along with update 8.8.9.
As such, if you stopped using Zimbra because you forgot your login information, now’s a good chance to hop back in and recover it.
How do I recover my Zimbra password?
1. Use the Zimbra Web Client
- Open the Zimbra Web Client.
- Click on Preferences.
- Go to Accounts.
- Go to the Password Recovery Account Settings sub-category.
- Enter a password recovery email address.
- A verification code will be sent to the email address.
- If no verification code is received, you may have written the email address wrong.
- More so, it may be that no account was made using that address.
- Enter the verification code.
2. Use the Zimbra app
- Click the Forgot Password option on the login window of any of the Zimbra products.
- Enter your username.
- Click Request Code.
- An email with a reset code will be sent to the email address associated with the username.
- Enter the reset code received.
- Click Continue with Session.
There is also the option of performing these tasks from within one of the downloadable Zimbra products. However, in order to do this, you must know your username and have admin rights.
You can now start using Zimbra services in an unrestricted manner because you won’t have to worry about forgetting your account details.
Keep in mind that Zimbra services do not store any account-related data on your PC. This means that no password recovery tools will be able to help you recover your login credentials.
However, we do suggest that you install an app from this plentiful list of the best password recovery tools on the market to make sure you never lose your other important passwords.
Unfortunately, this also means that if you don’t have access to your recovery email anymore, your only solution is to make a new account.
That’s it for this guide. We hope our quick solutions helped you solve the issue. Please let us know in the comment section below.