- Ask any person who has lost a password whether it’s a nice experience, and they’ll say the same thing.
- If you want to find the best Windows 7 password recovery software, just take a look at our top picks.
- To prevent such unfortunate events, make sure to use the best email and password organizer books.
- For immediate guidance when encountering similar situations, just bookmark our Data Recovery Hub.
When you realize that you have forgotten your Windows password, your whole day seems to crumble, and panic strikes as hard as possible.
Fortunately, both free and commercial Windows recovery tools are able to recover your lost password.
In other words, programs and services these days are able to help you hack into your very own Windows 7 PC to return things to normal.
Such software is used to recover or reset lost user and admin passwords that are used to log on to your system.
Check them all out and carefully analyze their features to make sure which one is the best for your needs.
What’s the best Windows 7 password recovery software?
Developed by Stellar, Password Recovery is a popular software choice for getting back Windows Admin and User account passwords.
Of course, it doesn’t only support Windows 7; it’s also compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, 8, Vista, XP, Windows Server 2008, and prior versions, so you can use it on pretty much any PC you currently use.
Simplicity is what Stellar Password Recovery is all about, so you should expect to find a straightforward interface to make the process of resetting your Windows password easy.
On top of that, you can also use Stellar’s recovery tool in discussion for finding the password and username from applications, as well as the lost serial numbers of programs such as WinZip.
Some of the most important features brought to the table by Stellar Password Recovery are:
- User-friendly interface
- Windows login password resets through a bootable disc
- Live Update feature
- Wide compatibility with numerous Windows versions
- Free trial for those who are still undecided
Stellar Password RecoveryWith 100% password recovery guarantee on Windows 7 and not only, Stellar Bitraser is a top choice!
Windows Key Basic from Passware is a great tool that is already used by thousands of users in order to recover and/or reset their Windows OS passwords.
You can install this software, create a bootable USB/CD, and use it on your personal computers in order to unlock them.
Moreover, its user-friendly interface is appreciated by users, so chances are to find it as an advantage as well.
Here are its main features that you need to know about:
- Fully supports for Windows versions higher than Vista
- Supports SATA, RAID, SCSI drives
- Resets complex passwords
- Backs up your security settings giving you the possibility to roll back your password
- Resets secure boot options
- 100% money-back policy
Passware Windows Key BasicUse Passware to recover your passwords in no time! Ready to give a try to this simple tool?
Active@ Password Changer Professional is one of the best password recovery software out there.
It’s effortless to set up and use it, and overall it’s a great tool for hacking your own system even if you are a novice computer user.
Check out its essential features:
- The program is very easy to install and to use
- The software deletes passwords; it does not recover them
- The end result is the same one you would get with a password recovery program because you will gain access to your PC again
- The program is able to delete even the longest passwords instantly
- To be able to use the program, you don’t have to know your old password
- Besides Windows 7, the program also supports Windows 8, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 & 2003, and Windows XP
The Active@ Password Changer Professional automatically downloads and burns the bootable disc, and it will make it very easy to get started.
It also includes useful offline recovery features and password deleting is instantaneous after just a few clicks through the easy-to-use wizard.
Just like the Active Password Changer Professional, Windows Password Reset Standard doesn’t actually recover the password, but instead, it removes it.
Take a look at its most important features packed in this software:
- The program is very easy to burn to a CD using the included image burning software
- Windows Password Reset Standard is also easy to use even for beginners
- The software helps you reset Windows Administrator or other user account passwords
- Windows Password Reset Standard is able to reset any lost or forgotten passwords on Windows systems
- It supports Windows 7, 10, 8.1, 8, Vista, and XP
All you have to do in order to use the software is download it and install it on an accessible PC to create a password reset disk with a CD or DVD.
After that, you have to insert the burned CD/DVD into your locked PC, and boot from it to reset the password.
The program supports a variety of file systems including NTFS and NTFS5, and it also supports more types of hard disks such as IDE, SATA, and SCSI.
The Ophcrack Windows password cracker is another fantastic Windows password recovery tool, and it comes for free.
This software is fast and easy enough for a first time Windows password cracker who has only a basic knowledge of Windows.
With this program, you will not need any access to Windows in order to be able to recover your lost passwords.
Check out the essential features of Ophcrack:
- To get the program, all you have to do is get on another computer and visit the software’s site
- Download the free ISO image and burn it to a CD or flash drive and boot from it
- The software will start and it will locate the Windows user accounts
- It will automatically proceed to recover/crack the passwords
- In order to recover the passwords, you don’t have to install any software
- You don’t need to know any existing passwords
- The program supports Windows 7, 8, Vista, and XP
Ophcrack is able to recover 99% of Windows 7 passwords, and for this version of Windows, the software uses a slower dictionary attack.
The program comes with the LiveCD option that allows complete automatic password recovery.
Trinity Rescue Kit is a software that needs to be booted from a disc or USB stick in order to work.
The program comes with more tools, and one of them is perfect for password recovery. Take a look at its best features below:
- You can use Trinity Rescue Kit to clear a password entirely and to make it blank
- You can also set a new custom password using the program
- The password resetting tool from Trinity Rescue Kit is called winpass
- Even if the program does not come with a graphical interface, the command line interface is quite simple to use
- Most of the required keystrokes are plain numbers for choosing different options for resetting your password
- The program is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, and XP
The winpass resetting tool is actually just an automated script for the chntpw tool which is what Offline NT Password & Registry Editor is based on.
You can quickly and easily reset Windows password with this improves winpass tool.
If you forgot or lost your Windows admin password and you don’t have any pre-created reset disk, or if you changed your admin password but unfortunately lost it, there is still hope.
UUkeys Windows Password Mate is one of your best choices to remove the login password and security settings that may prevent you from logging in safely and quickly.
The UUkeys Windows Password Mate requires downloading the software on a Windows computer. Then, you will have the option to make a password reset CD or USB device.
Take a look at the most important features packed in UUkeys Windows Password Mate:
- The program is easy to use because it only comes with a few buttons available
- The buttons are for options which are really easy to understand
- After you boot to the Windows password recovery program, you can select a user who should have the password reset
- The program is able to remove login restrictions including disabled account or forgotten password
- UUkeys Windows Password Mate is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 200, XP, Vista, and others including Windows Server 2012
This program has the advantage of a simple structure and safe and convenient installation.
To use it, you won’t require any technical knowledge, and all you have to do is burn a CD or a USB that will take over from the whole boot process automatically.
The software supports various types of hard drives such as Ide, SATA, SCSI, and more.
All these programs will come in handy if you lose your Windows 7 admin password and you don’t have any way of retrieving it.
You definitely wouldn’t want to reinstall everything, and that’s why all these tools for recovering your passwords are the last resort and your final rescue.
Check out every one of these password recovery tools and make a choice. They will all work smoothly for your system running Windows 7 and they will solve your problem by allowing you to sing in your PC without too much hassle.
Microsoft officially ended Windows 7 support. As a result, some of the tools currently available for Windows 7 may no longer work properly.
This is valid for password recovery software as well, although Stellar Password Recovery is updated and ready to face this challenge. Is this your choice as well? Let us know in the comments area below.