Red Screen on Windows phone [FIX]
Getting a Red Screen of Death on your Windows phone is a scary experience. First of all, the RSoD error occurs quite rarely, taking users by surprise. Second, the OS doesn’t offer much information on the cause of this issue.
How to fix Red Screen issues on Windows 10 Mobile
1. Perform a soft reset by pressing and holding the volume down and power buttons until your phone vibrates and restarts. As a quick reminder, don’t touch device screen during the process, not even when the ‘Slide down to power off’ instruction appears on the screen.
You can also remove the phone’s battery, if your device has a detachable battery.
2. Connect your phone to your PC and run the Recovery Tool again. Select “My phone was not detected” and wait for the device to reboot itself, then follow the on-screen prompts. If you encounter any issues at this stage, try restarting the phone while it’s connected.
3. This is a variation of the second workaround. Remove the SD card and SIM card from your phone and open the Recovery Tool. Select “My mobile not detected”, and go to model selection. At this stage, it’s extremely important not to turn the phone on or connect it to PC.
When you’re prompted to connect your phone, first turn it on by pressing the power and volume down buttons at the same time. When the logo appears on the screen, connect the phone to your computer via the USB port and follow the on-screen instructions.
If you’ve come across other solutions to fix RSoD errors on your Windows phone, you can list the troubleshooting steps in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix Red Screen on Windows 10
- Windows 10 Creators Update reduces screen brightness to 50% after reboot
ZIPX files are similar to standard archive formats, and today we’ll show you how to easily open .ZIPX files on your Windows 10 PC. How […]
If you tried launching Twitch with Minecraft this past month, you might have encountered this error Twitch could not verify Minecraft version. Even though the […]
Many users have reported Internet connection sharing error 1053 when trying to start the Internet Connection Sharing services (ICS). After our research regarding this error […]