Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- League of Legends is one of the most popular games in the world.
- However, the game does not come without technical errors.
- A clean reinstallation of LoL can be the answer to all your problems.
- We prepared a quick guide showcasing 2 quick methods you can use to easily reinstall League of Legends.
League of Legends is probably the most popular online multiplayer game today with more than 100 million players monthly.
With immersive play and vivid graphics, this MOBA has changed the way we experience PvP gaming.
However, there’s never been complex software without technical issues. That is the case with League of Legends, too.
Most of the reported issues have a specific set of solutions and fixes. Some of them are widespread while others are less so.
Nevertheless, there is a last resort to every technical issue and it’s called a reinstall. You can fix your errors with the game if you reinstall League of Legends.
How can I reinstall League of Legends?
We prepared a walkthrough for you with a step-by-step explanation of the reinstallation process using 2 different methods.
1. Reinstall League of Legends using Hextech Repair Tool
The developer of the League of Legends, Riot Games, launched an interesting software solution to fix common technical issues related to the game. It is called Hextech Repair Tool and its main features are:
- Easy reinstallation or repatch
- Firewall management
- Restores the health of nearby turrets.
- Display the known issues in your region.
Hextech Repair Tool can perform a clean reinstall of your client in a few simple steps. All you need is to follow the instructions on the screen.
2. Reinstall League of Legends manually
If you encountered errors with your League Client and the game does not work properly, you can perform a manual game reinstallation.
In doing so, you need to uninstall the game from Control Panel, then download and install the newest version from the official League of Legends website.
1. Open the Start menu on your computer by pressing the Windows key.
2. Select Control Panel from the list of results.
3. Click on Programs and Features.
4. Scroll down until you find League of Legends in the list. Click on it.
5. Select Uninstall/Remove.
6. The uninstall process will begin. Follow the instruction until the process is finished.
7. Navigate to the directory where League of Legends was installed (the C: drive by default).
8. Delete the old setup files you used to install the game and any unnecessary registry files.
9. Restart the PC.
After you finished the entire uninstallation process, the next step is downloading and installing the game’s client.
10. Download the latest version of League of Legends from the official website.
11. Run LeagueofLegends.exe to download the setup files. These will be placed in a new League of Legends folder on your desktop by default.
12. After the setup finishes downloading, the installation process will begin automatically. If possible, install League of Legends to the default C: drive. Though, you can change it in custom install.
13. When the installation process finishes, the game’s launcher will open automatically.
14. If the game does not automatically start, you can manually open it by double-clicking the League of Legends desktop shortcut, or by running lol.launcher.exe in the directory to which you installed League of Legends.
There are also reported cases of registry issues that impact fresh installs. Our advice is to use a specialized registry cleaner such as CCleaner and get rid of unnecessary registry entries related to LoL.
This was our walkthrough of the reinstallation process. We hope you managed to reinstall the game and start from scratch.
Keep in mind that this is just a game client, so none of your in-game statistics are affected in any way.