- A remote desktop app with high frame rates will give you the best graphic experience when connecting to a distant computer.
- These tools use the available bandwidth in an efficient manner, resulting in amazing frame rates.
- Note that all our top picks for remote desktop software with high resolution are ideal for distant connections with no lags or disruptions.
Remote desktop software solutions are a great option when you need to access a computer, server, or any other device, which is not located near you, but at a considerable distance.
However, when you need want to play a game on a remote computer, or you’re using design software, you need software that can transfer images with high frame rates.
Fortunately, there are many great remote desktop software with high frame rates that will not cause any resolution loss, even when the bandwidth is not so great.
How can remote desktop software help you with gaming?
These tools allow you to connect and take over the keyboard and mouse controls for any computer that is connected to the Internet.
And that will help you access the resources on a remote computer without physical contact. Let’s say that you will be able to collect some saves or add-ons that you don’t have on your local computer.
In this guide, we will present you with the most reliable remote desktop tools that will display the image in high resolutions, and with the best performance.
A true gamer needs the best browser
Complete your gaming setup with Opera GX. It's a customizable browser designed for gamers, with a futuristic design and a game-focused interface. It includes optimization features for resource consumption: CPU, RAM and bandwidth limiters.
The browser has integrations with Twitch, Discord, and other messengers, plus a gaming newsfeed with a new releases calendar, tournaments info and other gaming events. Moreover, to keep your sight focused on gaming elements, Opera GX includes an easy to enable dark theme.
Play games lag-free, chat with your peers and keep up with all new releases!
What is the best remote desktop app with high frame rates?
Mikogo – Ideal for remote troubleshooting
Mikogo is a great choice when you need an optimized solution for remote desktop connections with high frame rates.
It is mostly used for online meetings, rather than remote control support tools. However, it is possible to hand over the control of your computer to somebody else, and vice-versa.
This app allows you to show only the application windows you want the others to see and hide the rest of them. It also has multiple monitor support for up to 4 screens at high resolutions.
If you need to share files from your computer with others, Mikogo lets you send documents up to 200MB.
Some other important features include:
- Allows you to share the desktop with up to 25 meeting participants in real-time
- You can use it on your smartphone
- The sessions can be recorded to review later
- It includes a chat to improve the communication between participants
A remote desktop solution with high performance that you can rely on is waiting for you right away!
SupRemo – Best all-round solution
SupRemo is a reliable and cost-efficient remote access, tech support, and remote work tool that is not demanding on the system and doesn’t hinder its performance.
If you want the smoothest experience both in terms of connectivity and frames during the sessions, this is the perfect software for you.
Additionally, SupRemo has cross-platform availability between Windows, iOS, macOS, Linux, and Android. Use the program on any device, from anywhere in the world.
You can use the software free for non-professional and/or non-continuous use. If you wish to hold multiple simultaneous sessions, you’ll have to buy a quarterly or annual subscription plan.
One license can be installed on an unlimited number of devices with the only restriction being the number of simultaneous sessions that you have. There is actually no limit of endpoint or seats where you can install the license.
Don’t worry, it’s really affordable, with starting prices of $6/month per user. You can also use it freely for 21 days with the fully functional trial.
Besides giving you complete mobility, freedom, and total security, SupRemo also comes with the following useful features:
- Encrypted connections and Allowed ID to make sure there is no unauthorized access to the data
- File Transfer and Remote Printing to easily manage your work between the connected devices
- Installation as a service lets you connect whenever you want without needing access from the connected PC
- Chat with the connected person during the sessions through instant messaging
- Online Reports monitors the connections made throughout the day
- Online Address Book allows the transfer of contacts between SupRemo users
- Customizable interface to bring your own unique brand, info, and references
AnyDesk – Great for gaming
AnyDesk is one of the most reliable remote desktop software to use when you need to access a computer with high screen resolution, and you definitely don’t need any lags.
You will enjoy a smooth remote desktop experience, due to its technologies that use the available bandwidth in an efficient manner, resulting in breath-taking frame rates.
Moreover, the latency will be imperceptible. So, play your favorite games at the best performance even when you do it remotely.
But it can do a great job also in a corporate environment because this tool comes with top-grade TLS encryption.
You can also use AnyDesk as an app on your smartphone, with the same performance, reliable security, and stable connectivity.
Some of the best features include:
- Secure solution that uses military-grade TLS
- Encrypts every connection with asymmetric RSA 2048 key exchange
- Two-Factor Authentication is possible
- You can control which devices are allowed to connect to your PC
Splashtop – Great for 4K streaming
Splashtop is another reliable solution to use, that offers fast and secure remote access to high-end workstations, with high frames.
This software allows you to access remotely any workstation that has resources and processing-intensive tools as if you were sitting in front of that computer.
Additionally, Splashtop makes possible 4K streaming at 40 frames per second (fps) at low latency. It will also reduce CPU utilization, thus, you can open even more apps.
Furthermore, it features an optimized encoding and decoding engine to take advantage of the latest hardware acceleration from Intel, NVIDIA, and AMD.
Known for offering secure remote access and support, some of its other major features include:
- Protects your remote access activities with advanced security solutions like two-factor authentication and SSO
- Complies with government and industry regulations like SOC2, GDPR, CCPA, and HIPAA
- User-friendly, quick to install, and available as a single application that works across all major platforms – Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android.
- Experience high-quality (4K) visuals and blazing fast framerates (60fps) with minimum latency
- Anytime support for any of your queries from any part of the globe
TeamViewer is maybe one of the most used and known remote desktop applications worldwide. It was launched in 2005 and provides support in more than 30 languages.
Featuring automatic resolution scaling, it allows you to connect to a remote computer with ultra-high resolution. It allows adjustments in order to fit within the display of the PC.
Moreover, if the remote computer is connected to multiple UHD monitors, you can view them side by side, or switch to see just the one you want.
TeamViewer is a great tool for remote desktops that allows you to access computers with high display resolution and see them at the maximum performance of your monitor.
A cloud-based platform for remote access, TeamViewer also offers some additional useful features:
- Connects just about anything – servers, mobile devices, computers, IoT devices, and more even in low bandwidth areas
- Offers an AR assisted remote access and support for improved productivity, remote IT management, and encrypted video meetings
- Comes with cross-platform IT support or global remote access for corporate IT services
- Supports industry process with digitally advanced, high-tech support using AR and IoT solutions
- Protects the remote connections with end-end-end encryption offering complete security to your data
Parsec – Great for gaming
Parsec is another remote desktop solution, intended for gamers. It uses its own peer-to-peer networking protocol called BUD, Better User Datagrams.
This protocol is optimized for low-latency video delivery with lightning-fast adjustment to packet loss and congestion. It is the cornerstone of the Parsec core technologies.
Moreover, it is a secure software, which supports the best security features available with DTLS 1.2, and AES128 or AES256 cipher enabled on every single packet sent over the Internet.
Its fine-tune technology allows for 60FPS, on UHD displays, which lets you play all your games from any device, with no lag and latency.
A reliable name in the remote desktop category, Parsec also offers some more useful features:
- Provides a pristine clear, interactive HD experience for remote desktop
- Allows you to connect on the go with a friend or a co-op and play your games from wherever you are
- Stay remote and get access to dual displays, drawing tablet mode, and more
- Enjoy visual enhancements, bonus settings, and added controls
- More crisp colors and compatibility with NVIDIA on Windows PCs running GTX 1000 or newer and 11th-gen or newer Intel CPUs
These are the best remote desktop software tools with high frame rates during the session. You can use any of them whenever you want to access a computer with high screen resolution.
If you work from home, you’ll need remote connectivity apps, project management tools, and more. To find them all, check our guide including the best telework software.
Feel free to tell us which one you like, or if you have a suggestion for us, share it in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
To have the best display quality, we recommend you to use any of these best remote desktop solutions with high frame rates.
You need dedicated tools in that regard. Therefore, just take a look at our guide including the best remote control software for Windows 10.
To present your desktop to others users, you should use any of these reliable screen-sharing software tools and apps.