How to repair Blizzard games: Here’s a quick tip
Blizzard is an important game developer and publisher well-known for its epic games, such as World of Warcraft, Diablo, League of Legends, and more. Blizzard’s games keep millions of gamers busy every day, allowing them to immerse in impressive fantasy worlds.
The company’s gaming platform is very stable and reliable, and lives up to the expectations of even the most demanding gamers. Blizzard’s platform operates with a huge list of variables every day, and sometimes various technical issues may occur.
The easiest and simplest solution to repair Blizzard games is to use the platform’s dedicated repair tool. Corrupted and damaged game files can cause a wide variety of problems and errors. Blizzard’s repair tool quickly identifies the faulty files and repairs them in just a few minutes.
How to repair corrupted game files
- Launch the Battle.net desktop app
- Click the icon of the game you need to repair
- Below the title of the game is an option called Scan and Repair > select it
- Click Begin Scan > wait for the repair process to complete. This process may take under 3 minutes, or even half an hour, depending on how many files the tools needs to repair.
There are also situations when Blizzard’s scan and repair tool stops working, scans games in a loop or the option is completely grayed out.
After the latest patch downloaded my WoW game keeps attempting to scan & repair. It gets to 100% then says updating and proceeds to scan & repair again. I’ve gone directly into the folder and tried to run the WoW file but an error box appears.
If the Scan and Repair tool keeps on scanning games in a loop, follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Go to WTF\Account\MYACCOUNT\ > rename macros-cache.txt to macros-cache.txt.old
- Type /script for i=1,120 do DeleteMacro(i) to delete all account side macros.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Console players rejoice as Blizzard announces Diablo Seasons coming 2017
- Fix: Blank TV screen when starting your Xbox One/Xbox One S console
- How to fix Dota 2 update disk write errors
Installing Windows can be a tedious process, and sometimes errors such as Windows cannot install required files can appear and interrupt your installation. This is […]
Those having a vlogger at home would know how passionate they are about their activity. Finding some of the best Christmas gifts for vloggers will […]
It’s a beehive of activities with shoppers making several runs to get their favorite supplies for the Christmas celebration. In case you are confused and […]