World of Warcraft is a massive multiplayer online role playing game from Blizzard, and if you’re not familiar with these types of games, these games usually require a monthly fee and a lot of time to complete. Some would say that such games don’t even have end, so you can play them almost forever. Since World of Warcraft has been released way back in 2004 and it had several expansions, millions of people have spent hundreds or even thousands of hours playing their favorite game.
With the release of Windows 10, some World of Warcraft players are complaining that they can’t start World of Warcraft on Windows 10. Imagine spending hundreds of dollars and hours on a video game that you cannot start anymore and how frustrating that can be. However, there is a solution that might help you go back to your favorite game. This is a strange and frustrating problem, and it’s caused by your Windows Live account, so in order to fix this, you need to login to your computer using your local account.
Logging in to Windows 10 using your Windows Live account is rather useful, you can keep your settings and Start screen synced across all Windows 10 devices. In addition, you can access your OneDrive files anywhere and with ease just like on your personal computer, but it seems logging in with your Windows Live account is preventing you from playing World of Warcraft, but worry not, because there is a simple solution. All you need to do is to switch to your local account:
- First, open Settings, and click on the Accounts icon
- In Your account, you need to click the Sign in with a local account instead link
- Switch to a local account screen will appear and it will ask you to enter password for your Microsoft account
- Now you just need to type your username for a local account, password and password hint
- Press Next, and you’ll see a window saying that you’ve successfully created a local account.
- Press Sign out and finish button
- Now you can sign in to Windows 10 with local account instead of Windows Live account
This solution helped some users, but if you still can’t start World of Warcraft on Windows 10, you might want to contact Microsoft and Blizzard. We assume it’s just an optimization issue that will be fixed with latest Windows 10 or World of Warcraft patch. If you have any other Windows 10-related issues you can check for the solution in our Windows 10 Fix section.
Read Also: Fix Skyrim Black Screen in Windows 10