Restart your computer to install important updates [SUPER GUIDE]
Keeping your Windows up to date is one of the essential, but sometimes you might get stuck with Restart your computer to install important updates message. It turns out that important updates have never been installed in the first place, and you’re stuck with this message. But we have a few fixes to help you out.
How can I fix Restart your computer to install important updates error? It’s possible that this issue occurs due to other applications so you might want to try performing a Clean Boot. If that doesn’t work, you should try deleting RebootRequired value from your registry.
How to fix Windows update requires restart loop?
- Registry fix
- Clean boot fix
- Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Run Deployment Image Servicing and Management Tool
- Check your Firewall
1. Registry fix
To fix Restart your computer to install important updates error, you might have to make few changes to your registry. Do that by following these steps:
- Press Windows Key + R and enter regedit. Click OK or press Enter.
- In the Registry Editor navigate this path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->Microsoft->Windows->CurrentVersion->WindowsUpdate->Auto Update.
- Open up Auto Update, and delete RebootRequired.
- Close the Registry Editor and restart your machine.
2. Clean boot fix
For this fix, we’re going to change the start-up type. In order to do this, follow these steps:
- Press both the Windows Key and R and type msconfig in the dialog box and press Enter.
- In System Configuration, select the General tab, now in the Selective Startup section uncheck Load startup items.
- Next, you’re going to head on over to the Service tab, and click on Disable all.
- Restart your machine.
3. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
If you’re still having problems with Restart your computer to install important updates error, we suggest you try using the Troubleshooter Tool. Follow these steps to do so:
- Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- Now select Windows Update and click Next.
- Click on Try troubleshooting as an administrator option, and click on Next.
- Wait until the troubleshooter fixes the problem and click Close.
4. Run Deployment Image Servicing and Management Tool
In some cases, running the DISM scan can fix Restart your computer to install important updates error. In order to do this, follow these steps:
- From the Start Menu, open your Command Prompt.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
and press Enter.
- When it’s done, type in
DISM /image:C: /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions
and press Enter.
- Restart your machine.
5. Check your Firewall
Make sure that required applications are allowed through Windows Firewall if you’re getting Restart your computer to install important updates error. To add any program to a whitelist, follow these steps:
- Open your Start Menu.
- Now select Control Panel.
- Then click on Windows Firewall.
- Now, click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.
- Click on the Change Settings.
- Check the boxes next to the apps or programs you want to allow through the Windows Firewall.
- Click OK to save your new settings.
We hope that these solutions were of help to you and that you managed to fix Restart your computer to install important updates error. Feel free to let us know if any of our solutions were helpful to you.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: We couldn’t connect to the update service Windows 10 error
- Windows 10 PC stuck on restart? Here are 4 ways to fix it
- How to fix Windows 10 Update and Security tab not working
The Adobe Suite is one of the most complete packages for a video/photo editor to use. It packs a lot of features in multiple apps […]
Bitdefender is one of the popular antivirus solutions for Windows 10 users. However, some Windows 10 users have reported that they are unable to install […]
Windows 10 May Update is now available to the general public. Although Microsoft tried their best to make this new update an unmatched experience in […]