- Computer errors are common and while some errors are serious, others are relatively harmless.
- Many users reported Your roaming profile was not completely synchronized error, so today we’ll show you how to fix it.
- Want to learn more about user profiles? This User profile article has all the information you need.
- Having additional problems with Windows 10? You can find more guides like this one in our Windows 10 Hub.
PC errors are going to appear sooner or later, and one error that users reported is Your roaming profile was not completely synchronized.
This isn’t a serious issue, and it can be easily fixed, so follow this guide to see how to fix this problem once and for all.
How do I fix a roaming profile problem?
1. Install the latest updates
- Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
- Navigate to the Update & Security section and click the Check for updates button.
Once the latest updates are installed, There was a problem with your roaming profile error on Windows 10 will be fixed.
2. Export the ExcludeProfileDirs key from the registry
- Use a PC that has the latest version of Windows 10 installed.
- Press Windows Key + R and enter regedit. Press Enter or click OK.
- Navigate to the following key in the registry:
- Right-click the Winlogon key and choose Export.
- Save the file to the desired location.
- Copy the file to the affected PC and double-click it.
- When a prompt appears, click on Yes.
After doing that, the problem should be resolved. Keep in mind that that for this process to work, you need a PC with Windows 10 version that is newer than the one on the affected PC.
3. Modify the Group Policy settings
- Press Windows Key + R and enter gpedit.msc. Press Enter or click OK.
- Now go to the User Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > User Profiles in the left pane. Double click on Exclude directories in roaming profile.
- Select Enabled. Type AppData in the Prevent the following directories from roaming with the profile field. Press Apply and OK to save changes.
After doing that, the problem should be resolved.
Your roaming profile was not completely synchronized error can cause certain issues, but the best way to deal with it is to update Windows 10 or use any of our other solutions.