- A scanner driver supporting this software is not installed message will prevent you from scanning documents, but there’s a way to correct that.
- Fixing the problem is simpler than you think by using reliable driver updater software.
- Sometimes, using a driver for an older version of Windows can help with this issue on your PC.
- If you’re getting an MF Scan Utility driver not installed error, remove the application completely from your PC and install it again.
It seems that this message mostly affects Canon devices, and due to this error message, users aren’t able to scan documents anymore.
This can be a big problem, especially if you need to scan documents frequently, but there are several methods that you can use to fix this problem.
What to do if the scanner driver software isn’t installed?
1. Download the latest drivers
- Visit the Canon driver download page.
- Select Scanners from the list of devices.
- Now pick your scanner model.
- Click the Download button to get the driver.
- Once the driver is downloaded, just double-click the setup file to install it.
2. Use a specialized driver updater software
Downloading drivers manually can be a tedious task at times, therefore it might be better to use a dedicated driver updater software that can do this automatically.
Most of the time, the generic drivers for your PC’s hardware and peripherals are not properly updated by the system. There are key differences between a generic driver and a manufacturer’s driver.Searching for the right driver version for each of your hardware components can become tedious. That’s why an automated assistant can help you find and update your system with the correct drivers every time, and we strongly recommend DriverFix.Follow these easy steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for the detection of all your faulty drivers.
- DriverFix will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for the app to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep your PC components drivers working perfectly without putting your PC at risk.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
3. Use Windows 7 or older drivers instead
- Go to Cannon’s driver page and locate your device.
- While choosing the driver, make sure that you choose a driver for Windows 7.
- Extract the contents of the .exe file with WinRAR.
- Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list.
- Locate your scanner on the list, right-click it and choose Update driver.
- Select the Browse my computer for drivers option.
- Click the Browse button and locate the files that you extracted in Step 3.
- Click Next and the driver should be manually updated.
Many users reported that this method helped them fix A scanner driver supporting this software is not installed error in the past, so encourage you to try it out as well.
4. Uninstall the driver and the driver software
- Open Device Manager.
- Locate your device, right-click it and choose Uninstall device.
- Check Delete the driver software for this device and click on Uninstall.
- Now go to the Settings app and navigate to the Apps section.
- Locate the scanner software, select it and click on Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the uninstall process.
- Press Windows Key + R and enter %localappdata%. Press Enter or click OK.
- Navigate to the Temp folder. Delete all files and folders from this folder.
- Go back to the Local folder and remove the HP directory. If you’re using a different scanner brand, remove the directory of that brand.
- Restart your computer.
This is one way to fix this problem, but this entire process can be a lot faster if you’re using a dedicated uninstaller software such as the one mentioned below.
Fixing A scanner driver supporting this software is not installed error doesn’t have to be complicated, and in most cases, this is just a driver issue that can be fixed by using the correct driver.
No less important, keep in mind that you need to constantly back up your drivers. We can only encourage you to use the best driver backup software for Windows 10 to make that happen.
Did you find a solution to this problem on your own? Feel free to share it with us in the comments section below.