Chemistry is one of the fundamental scientific fields of the universe, and it allows you to better understand how elements mix and how they form.
However, beyond this description, chemistry means tons and tons of calculations, graphical representations, and statistical analysis. That is why having a scientific calculator can make understanding chemistry a lot easier.
Because of this, we’ve compiled a list of what we think are the best scientific calculators that you could buy if you plan on using them in chemistry.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
What are the best scientific calculators for chemistry that I can buy?
- Large 16 Digit, 4 Line LCD Display
- WriteView™ Display
- 422 Functions
- Solar & Battery
- 8 Temporary & 3 Definable Memory Buttons
- No backlight
Probably the scientific calculator with the most professional vibe to it, the Sharp Calculators EL-W535TGBBL is a great tool if you have to do lots of advanced math equations simultaneously in a short period of time.
You can also use it to display stacked fractions, exponents, exact square roots, and more, and not just the simple digits with pluses and minuses like a typical pocket calculator.
- High-resolution LCD shows
- Online Visualization
- 2-way power ensures reliable use in any setting
- Perfect for Calculus, Algebra, Geometry and more
- All calculations or equations are lost when powered off
If you’re a student and you attend classes that require math equations from a variety of difficulty levels, then having a scientific calculator is the best investment you can make with your pocket money.
It doesn’t matter if you’re attending Chemistry, Math, Geometry, or Physics classes, the Casio FX-991EX Engineering/Scientific Calculator will surely have all the tools that you may need.
TI-84 Plus CE
- 15 colors for function Graphing
- Change style and color of axes and grids on graphs
- Sequence graphing mode shows time series plot, cobweb/stair-step plot, and phase plots
- User-defined list names. Lists store up to 999 elements
- 17 interactive zoom features
- Has a high learning curve
The TI-84 Plus CE is a scientific calculator that also has graphing functions which are also good for a wide variety of chemistry-related calculations.
The graphing function also comes in 15 different colors, and sequence graphing mode allows you to view your visual representations in a wide variety of graphing modes, making it great for applications where different plots are useful.
- The natural textbook display
- Over 280 functions
- Includes fractions, statistics, complex number calculations, base arithmetic, and more
- The multi-replay function allows you to backtrack step-by-step through calculations
- You can edit expressions and recalculate answers
- Not meant to resist too much physical mishandling
The Casio fx-115ES PLUS is Casio’s latest and most advanced scientific calculator. What makes this particular model so useful is that it features new Natural Textbook Display and improved math functionality.
Because the values and equations appear on the screen exactly as they would in a textbook, it is designed to be the perfect choice for high school and college students learning General Math, Trigonometry, Statistics, Algebra I and II, Calculus, Engineering, Physics., Chemistry, and more.
Texas Instruments TI-36X Pro
- Ideal for curricula in which graphing technology may not be permitted
- MultiView display shows multiple calculations at the same time on screen
- MathPrint shows math expressions, symbols, and stacked fractions as they appear in textbooks
- Ideal for Algebra 1 & 2, Geometry, Trigonometry, Statistics, Calculus, Biology, etc
- Convert fractions, decimals, and terms including Pi into alternate representations
- Select degrees/radians, floating/fix, number format modes
- Chromed buttons may be difficult to read
Starting off our list is a true powerhouse in the scientific calculator department, the Texas Instruments TI-36X Pro.
It can handle equations that make it useful for a wide variety of school subjects, including Chemistry, Algebra 1 & 2, Geometry, Trigonometry, Statistics, Calculus, Biology, and more.
Chemistry isn’t all about mixing solutions and boiling water, like those that work in the field, can probably vouch with an aching heart.
Hours upon hours of calculations may be required beforehand, and having a means of doing these calculations efficiently can save you precious time and resources.
As such, if you’re attending an advanced chemistry curriculum, or are planning to one day, getting a scientific calculator can make your life a whole lot easier.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are many great options to chose from, so make sure to check our comprehensive list of best scientific calculators for chemistry.
A basic scientific calculator helps you calculate problems in science, engineering, and mathematics.
A scientific calculator comes with trigonometric functions, exponents, Convert fractions, decimals, and many more.