How to search the entirety of Chrome history
If you search for a previously opened website page in Google Chrome, you might be able to find it as the browser’s History page goes back about three months. However, you can’t search your entire Chrome page history, so it isn’t good for searching for pages opened last year.
There are, however, some Chrome extensions that enable you to search your entire page history. History2 is one Google Chrome extension that provides you with your full web history. This is how you can search your entire Chrome history with that extension:
- First, add History2 to Google Chrome from this extension page.
- Press the Ctrl + H hotkey to open the History2 tab shown in the snapshot below.
- This page includes an All history button on it. Press that button to open your full website page history as in the shot below.
- Now you can search your full history by entering keywords into the extension’s text box. Just enter the title of the site you’re looking for there and click the Search History 2 button to find it.
- Click the + button beside a website to expand it. Then you can select more specific site pages to open.
- Alternatively, you can search with the extension’s filters. Click the Order drop-down menu to open the filter options below.
- For example, you could select number of visits from the drop-down menu to list the most visited websites at the top.
- You can also delete pages by clicking their check boxes and pressing the Delete all history for selected URLs button.
Now you can find any previously opened page in Chrome with the History2 extension. It doesn’t have a huge variety of search options and filters, but it’s still an effective search tool.
In case you’ve ever asked yourself the question Why won’t my printer print all pages, you came to the right place. It is extremely annoying […]
Microsoft rolled out a new Windows 10 cumulative update to Insiders for testing purposes. KB4505903 takes the Windows 10 build number to 18362.263. This time, […]
Two of the fixes made in version 20H1 were back-ported by Microsoft to version 1903 (Release Preview, build 18362.263). The first fix is about an […]