A large number of users have reported that Silhouette Studio keeps freezing when they try to work in this software. This issue can prevent you from getting full access to your projects, and also stops you from creating new projects as well. This can be extremely frustrating, especially if you are pressured by a deadline.
For the reasons mentioned above, in this article, we will explore some of the best troubleshooting methods to deal with Silhouette Studio freezing while in use. Please follow the steps presented in this article in the order that they were written to avoid any unnecessary complications.
What to do if Silhouette Studio is freezing on Windows 10?
1. Run Silhouette Studio in compatibility mode
- Right-click on the Silhouette icon on your desktop, and select Properties.
- Inside the properties window, click on the Compatibility tab.
- Under the Compatibility Mode section, select the box next to ‘ Run this program in compatibility mode for’.
- Select Windows 7 from the drop-down menu.
- Click Apply and try running Silhouette again.
- If this software keeps freezing, please follow the next method.
2. Update to the latest version of Silhouette Studio
- Visit the official Silhouette Studio website and download the latest stable version.
- Run and follow the on-screen instructions in order to install the software on your PC.
- Run Silhouette and see if the app keeps freezing.
- If the issue persists, please follow the next method.
3. Clear Silhouette Studio preferences
- Close Silhouette Studio.
- Press ‘Win + R’ keys on your keyboard.
- In the Run window, type in ‘%appdata%’ (without quotes), and press Enter.
- Search for the folder named com.aspexsoftware.Silhouette_Studio , and delete it, including all subfolders.
- Empty Recycle Bin.
- Try to see if the issue persists by opening Silhouette Studio again.
4. Re-index your Silhouette Studio library
- Open Silhouette.
- Inside the Edit menu, select Preferences.
- In the options window, select Advanced.
- Click on the Reindex My Library option.
- Check to see if the issue persists after this process is completed.
5. Restore factory defaults for Silhouette Studio
Note: Please make sure to back up your library and files to an external drive before attempting this, as this option will delete all the data you stored.
- Open Silhouette Studio.
- Click on the Edit button, and select Preferences.
- In the Advanced tab, select Restore Factory Defaults.
- Click ‘Continue’.
- After the process is completed, try opening Silhouette again to check if the problem is fixed.
In this article, we explored some of the best troubleshooting methods for dealing with Silhouette Studio freezing issues.
Please feel free to let us know if this guide helped you solve the issue, by using the comment section found below this article.