- If Silhouette Studio is running slow, in this guide we’re going to show you a couple of solutions that will be able to fix this problem.
- In case issues with Silhouette Studio are persistent, you can always consider switching to an alternative.
- Configuring your preferences in Silhouette Studio can also help you fix various problems.
- Silhouette Studio 4.4 problems can occur if the software is out of date, so it’s advised to update it frequently.
A large number of users have reported that Silhouette Studio software is running slow on their Windows operating system.
This issue can be very frustrating especially if you’re using a large number of fonts and extensions, as this will slow down your PC even further.
This is how one Reddit user described the problem:
I was experiencing slow loading of files on my Silhouette Studio designer edition. Sometimes taking up to 1 hour or never loading the file. Even with a fresh windows installation.
In this article, we will explore some of the best proven methods to deal with this issue, and avoid encountering this problem in the future. Read on to find out more.
What can I do if Silhouette Studio software is running slow?
1. Clean the clutter off your PC’s hard-drive
- Open up CCleaner.
- In the Cleaner tab, select which items you want to check in both tabs (Windows and Applications).
- Click on Analyze.
- After the process is complete, select Run Cleaner.
- Open Silhouette Studio and check to see if the issue persists.
If you’re wondering why is Silhouette Studio so slow, you cache is usually the answer, and by cleaning it the problem should be resolved.
2. Use a better alternative (Adobe Illustrator)
Adobe Illustrator is a long established leader when it comes to anything vector related. So is the case for silhouettes, it allowing you to create precise down to pixels vector files.
This tool, like other products from Adobe, is one the most reliable and stable when it comes to performance and features available. Besides silhouettes, there are hundreds of features and plugins you can use to achieve any desired effect.
With the help of layers, pen and anchor point tool you can connect multiple points to form a desired shape which then you can use to create things such as logos, banners or integrate it in photos.
If you’re experiencing problems in Silhouette Studio 4.4 or newer, we strongly suggest that you consider Adobe Illustrator as an alternative.
Adobe IllustratorAdobe Illustrator is a professional software for vector graphics, and one of the best alternatives to Silhouette Studio.
3. Update your graphics card drivers
- Press Win + X keys on your keyboard.
- Select Device Manager.
- Inside the manager, find your graphics card driver.
- Right-click on it and select Update Driver.
- Choose the option ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’.
- After the update process is complete, try to see if the issue persists with Silhouette.
Outdated drivers can cause Silhouette Studio to become slow, and we highly advise you to update all your drivers to prevent that.
Although you can do that manually, it’s usually best to use fully automated solutions such as DriverFix to keep all your drivers up to date at all times.
4. Move downloaded fonts and library items to local storage
- Open Silhouette library and scroll down to your Cloud folder.
- Find the designs/files that you want to move to local storage, and double click it/them to open.
- Select File -> Save Selection > Save to Library.
- Choose a folder on your PC to move the files to, and repeat the steps for all the files needed.
5. De-activate the Cut Data option
- Open Silhouette.
- Click on Edit -> Preferences.
- Inside the Preferences window, click on the Advanced tab.
- Deactivate the option Include Cut Data.
- Click on Ok button and restart the program to see if the problem persists.
In some instances, deactivating this feature can help with Silhouette Studio 4.4 problems, so be sure to try it out.
6. Update to the latest stable version of Silhouette Studio
- Visit the official Silhouette Studio website.
- Download the latest version of the software.
- Install it on your PC.
- After the installation process is completed, try running the software again and check to see if the issue persists.
In this article, we explored some of the best proven methods to deal with your Silhouette Studio running slow on your Windows PC.
Please follow the steps presented in this list in the order that they were written to avoid any unnecessary complications.
Feel free to let us know if this article helped you fix your speed issue with Silhouette by using the comment section below.