The latest update for The Sims 4 brought a series of useful game improvements and bug fixes, as well as issues of its own. Perhaps one of the most common and annoying issues is the alien disguise bug.
More specifically, all full aliens born in the game, or created through genetics in CAS will lose their alien looks when players edit their characteristics. On the other hand, normal aliens don’t seem to be affected by this issue.
The good news is that Pegasys, a resourceful The Sims 4 player found a temporary solution to fix the alien disguise bug.
How to fix the alien disguise bug
1. First, you need to make sure that your alien Sim is in their disguise. Sometimes, the disguise may look alien because of the bug, even if the disguise isn’t selected.
2. Go to a mirror, and select Change Sim. It is worth mentioning that the “Alter Disguise” and “Plan Outfits” option won’t work.
3. Now, select the bottom portrait, the Alien form in CAS, not the disguise.
4. Change the alien’s characteristics as you wish. If you try to edit the disguise again, after it’s been saved, it will be overwritten by the alien form. This means that you’ll have to start all over again.
5. Save in CAS. The Alien form that you changed should now be the Human Disguise.
The bad news is that you cannot edit this later in CAS, but you’ll have a human disguise until The Sims Studio patches this bug. You can also try repairing the game with the Origin client or reloading the save file. We can also suggest the reinstallation, but that’s the last option and it’s not something you should do before trying all other steps.
If you’ve come across other solutions to fix the alien disguise bug, you can list the troubleshooting steps in the comment section below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in June 2017 and has been since completely revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT: