The Sling TV authorization error can occur due to many reasons and can be content or device-specific. While most of the authorization error typically resolve themselves after 24 hours, some may require some troubleshooting.
The authorization error if content specific can occur when watching a channel or show that was available for a free preview. The error means the user has no longer access to the channel.
If you are also troubled by this error, here are a couple of troubleshooting tips to help you resolve the Sling TV authorization error.
How do I fix the Sling TV authorization error 8-393227?
1. Check for content-specific issues
- If you are receiving an 8-2 authorization error when watching a channel or show, check if the program was available as a free preview.
- The error indicates that the user does not have access to the program or channel anymore.
- You can check the Sling TV Free Preview page to see if the preview for the selected content has ended.
2. Check for device-specific issues
Log out of Sling TV
- Launch the Sling TV app on your streaming device. If you are using a browser, open the Sling TV web page.
- Click on your profile and select log out.
- Sign in again with your Sling TV account and check for any improvements.
3. Update your Sling TV app or browser
Amazon Fire TV
- From the home screen, scroll down to Apps.
- Locate and open the Sling TV app.
- If an update is available for the app, you will see an Update button.
- Click the Update App Now option to download and install the updates.
- Once installed, relaunch the app and check if the error is resolved.
Android TV/AirTV Minir /AirTV Player
- Close the Sling TV app.
- Launch Google Play Store.
- Go to My Apps and open Sling TV app.
- Click update to bring the update process.
- Press the Home button on your TV remote.
- Select Settings > All Settings.
- Choose the General tab.
- Scroll down and select About this TV.
- Make sure the Allow automatic update is checked.
- Click on Check for updates.
If you are watching Sling TV using a web browser, make sure the browser is up to date and has the latest version installed. You can update the browser by going to Menu > About.
4. Perform a power cycle
- Power off your streaming device. Skip these steps if you are using a smartphone.
- Turn off your WiFi router and modem.
- Disconnect the cords from the power outlet.
- Leave the devices idle for a few minutes.
- Reconnect the cables and power on the devices.
- Launch the Sling TV app and check if the error is resolved.
Additionally, check for the service outage. Most of the time, authorization errors are resolved automatically after 24 hours. If you are unable to resolve the issue even after trying all the steps listed in this article, contact Sling TV support.
The Sling TV authorization error can occur due to temporary issues and typically resolves in 24 hours. However, if the issue persists, follow the steps provided above to see if that helps you resolve the error.
FAQ: Learn more about Sling TV
- How do I reset sling TV?
To reset Sling TV, turn off the device and disconnect it from your TV. Leave the devices idle for a few minutes, plug your device back into the power source, and power it on. Launch Sling TV to complete the reset process.
- Why my Sling TV is not working?
Sling TV app can stop working due to many reasons. Try signing out and in, restart your device, update the Sling TV app and check for the service outage.