The Windows Snipping tool, now replaced by the Snip and Sketch tool is a handy tool and allows the users to take quick and delayed screenshots of their screen. However, at times the tool may not work properly. Seemingly, Snipping Tool does not copy to clipboard. This was reported by the users in the Microsoft Community Answers.
I can copy or cut the snipping tool file but not able to paste it in a forum (not this one) for an answer to the issue I have that is on the snipping tool file. Why am I not able to paste, when I was asked to take a screen shot or use snipping tool?
Follow these steps to fix issues with the Snipping Tool.
How do I save Snipping Tool screenshots in clipboard?
1. Repair Microsoft Office
- If the issue is occurring when you try to copy/paste the screenshot on any of the Microsoft Office apps like Outlook or MS PowerPoint, do the following.
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type control and press OK to open the Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, go to Programs > Programs and Features.
- Select Microsoft Office installation and click on Change. Click Yes if asked to confirm.
- Here you will see the following option:
Quick Repair – Select this option first. It will quickly try to repair all the files related to your Office application without requiring internet access.
Online Repair – Tyr this option if Quick Repair did not work. However, this option requires an internet connection to find and resolve the issues.
- Reboot the system once the repair is complete and check for any improvements.
2. Check if Auto Copy to Clipboard is Disabled
- Open the Snip and Sketch tool from the Desktop or Action Center.
- Click the Menu button (three dots).
- Select “Settings” from the options.
- In Settings, under “Auto copy to clipboard“, make sure the “Update the clipboard automatically when annotating” option is enabled.
- If not, turn on the option and close the Settings window.
On Snipping Tool:
- Launch the Snipping app and click on Tools.
- Click on Options.
- Check the “Always copy snips to the clipboard” option.
- Now try to snip anything on your screen and check if it copies the image to clipboard.
- If you don’t see the Settings option in your Snipping App, you may have to update your Windows OS to the latest build.